Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Seems the latest version of Build 3780.1324 wiped out all my POI points!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I started my set tonight, the usual .... update to the latest version button popped up ... so I did! Now since I use Automix a lot, all my POI points are fucked!
Thanks guys!!!! Super annoying now I have to redo 3,000 plus songs

Posted Sun 02 Jul 17 @ 11:29 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011

Problem with b3780, it changed all the BPM that I manually altered. There is a reason that I manually did it.

How do I revert to and KEEP the BPM I manually changed? Or to an option NOT to change BPM?

Posted Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 12:03 am
MeTubeVJ wrote :
When I started my set tonight, the usual .... update to the latest version button popped up ... so I did! Now since I use Automix a lot, all my POI points are fucked!

Lesson nr.1:
Never update on a gig. You must have tested the build some days prior gig.

Posted Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 3:49 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
These are automix poi's you moved manually in the poi editor?

Posted Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 5:04 am
MrJackson2014 wrote :
MeTubeVJ wrote :

Lesson nr.1:
Can you test a new build and if you don't like it revert to a previous version? I don't think so. The songs are reanalyzed and the POI automix points still need to be manually redone - superannoying.

Posted Wed 05 Jul 17 @ 8:31 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
MeTubeVJ wrote :
POI points are ...

Something similar happened however I then right click on the hard drive/batch" add to search DB". And there are the POIs.
Try it.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 17 @ 1:49 am
MeTubeVJ wrote :
MrJackson2014 wrote :
MeTubeVJ wrote :

Lesson nr.1:
Can you test a new build and if you don't like it revert to a previous version? I don't think so. The songs are reanalyzed and the POI automix points still need to be manually redone - superannoying.

You could always go back to previous builds.
http://virtualdj.com/download/build.html

Posted Thu 06 Jul 17 @ 7:26 am
ohshit wrote :

Problem with b3780, it changed all the BPM that I manually altered. There is a reason that I manually did it.

How do I revert to and KEEP the BPM I manually changed? Or to an option NOT to change BPM?

We have tested this scenario prior release and tracks with manually modified BPM would not change by the automatic scanner.
Are you sure you didn't BATCH re-analyze your songs ?
If you explicitly tell VirtualDj to scan a file (or a batch of files) then of course it will recalculate BPM for tracks that you changed the BPM manually.
If you just let automatic scanner to do it's job (re-analyze on loading a track on a deck or on automix) and it still changed your manually altered BPM then please share some more information with us so that we can try to duplicate and solve the bug (if there's any)

Posted Thu 06 Jul 17 @ 10:40 am
Are any mods or staff going remove the swearing (and quoting of the swearing) from this thread?

Posted Thu 06 Jul 17 @ 8:29 pm
MeTubeVJ wrote :
I forgot to tell everyone that I am talking about mp4 files since I automix music videos! So POIs are especially important. When I drop the next video into the automix, the mp4 is being rescan. This has never happened with previous updates so that is why it is so surprising to now have to redo thousands of music videos :(

Posted Fri 07 Jul 17 @ 1:32 am
MrJackson2014 wrote :
MeTubeVJ wrote :
MrJackson2014 wrote :
MeTubeVJ wrote :

Lesson nr.1:

You could always go back to previous builds.
http://virtualdj.com/download/build.html
I want to give a HUGE Thank You to you MrJackson!!! I regressed to build 3752 and all my POI points of my music video library appears to be back.

Posted Fri 07 Jul 17 @ 10:21 pm
MeTubeVJ wrote :

Hi MeTubeVJ. I strongly advise that you buy one or two spare hard drives (They can be cheap 5400 or 7200rpm HD's) and make a bootable clone of your entire system using Carbon Copy Cloner if you're on a Mac or Macrium Reflect if you're running windows. I've had similar experiences to you where I make a change or upgrade to my system that alters my entire 10,000+ collection of MP3's (like switching from id3 2.3 to id3 2.4. What a disaster!!). If I don't like the result all I have to do is restore the entire collection from one of my backups and everything is back to normal. Given the time and money we put into our collections you owe it to yourself to have at least one (I recommend 2) backups just to be safe.

Posted Fri 07 Jul 17 @ 10:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)