Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Crash build 3752

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I had a crash 2,5 hours into my gig yesterday. It's amazing how the audience enjoys a crash, LOL
Were running my standard setup with MC6000mk1 as usual (with Denon ASIO driver), when suddenly output started to sound like a 1/16th (or possibly 1/32th) loop.
This happened on Deck 2. Trying to start up Deck 1 didn't help, as fas as I recall, the beatwave moved but did not provide any sound at all.
I was online so hopefully there might be a crashreport.
I threw myself on the back-up system and started up a track while I was re-starting the main PC, and switched to WASAPI as it felt it was the ASIO driver which crashed.
The rest of the night, no surprises occoured.

Expect for this build 3752 performed very well.

Posted Sun 18 Jun 17 @ 10:42 am
Could a dev please check if my crash did generate a report ?
Is it also stored local, in that case, where ?

Posted Mon 19 Jun 17 @ 6:07 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Unfortunately, no crash report received. Yes the dump file is saved locally before transfer.

Posted Mon 19 Jun 17 @ 10:20 pm
Hi guys just had two crashes.... Spotify related.

1st one was when i tried to load a track.... i'm assuming i listend to one track and then unloaded it before it fully loaded as it wasn't the one i wanted, the load another track which didn't load at all (maybe because the first had never completed) but all other songs wouldn't load from spotify. Then it just crashed and i had to restart the program.

I then logged out of Spotify on restart and it quickly crashed again and restarted itself and back into the song i was playing on its own.

Just said id pass em on.

Keep up the great work guys.4

Thanks

Posted Mon 19 Jun 17 @ 10:54 pm
GianVJPRO InfinityMember since 2012

Posted Tue 20 Jun 17 @ 7:18 am
Hi Gian!

Have you found an explanation yet why it crashed for you ?
I too use your awesome skin, but I guess this is not skin related.

Posted Fri 23 Jun 17 @ 7:33 pm
That's not what it's all about.
I didn't have anything with Spotify on during crash.

Posted Fri 23 Jun 17 @ 8:24 pm
Sorry Mr. Jackson but I was referring to a couple of post above yours, regarding loading Spotify tracks. I will put a quote to clarify my post.

Posted Fri 23 Jun 17 @ 8:29 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
[quote=lockie2000]Hi guys just had two crashes.... Spotify related.

1st one was when i tried to load a track.... i'm assuming i listend to one track and then unloaded it before it fully loaded as it wasn't the one i wanted, the load another track which didn't load at all (maybe because the first had never completed) but all other songs wouldn't load from spotify. Then it just crashed and i had to restart the program.

I then logged out of Spotify on restart and it quickly crashed again and restarted itself and back into the song i was playing on its own.

Just said id pass em on.

I believe you can only load one Spotify track at a time. Let's not discuss this here, because that is not what this thread is about.
Keep up the great work guys.4

I believe you can only load one Spotify track at a time. Let's not discuss this here, because that is not what this thread is about.

Posted Fri 23 Jun 17 @ 8:32 pm
GianVJPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi MrJackson2014,
I don't find solution for crash, because it's difficult to reproduce the issue.
It's happened to me on a Gig at first time I use the b3752; for now the only secure solution is to use the "rock" build 8.2.3573.

Posted Sat 24 Jun 17 @ 5:15 pm
Thanks for your input Gian, maybe I also should go back to 3573.

Posted Sat 24 Jun 17 @ 6:00 pm
I had unloaded the track and put the new track into the same deck as i was playing a song from my own HD on the other. So it shouldn't have been a problem really as i wasn't playing to Spotify tracks. The fact it crashed loggin out on restart was another bad indication. Hasn't happened since as i've stopped using the feature... it loads too slowly even on high speed networks and i can't trust it will work properly, not even bothered about it not being able to stream two at the same time.

Posted Sat 15 Jul 17 @ 9:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)