Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtualdj for the blind?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

2 weeks ago, I was told by my eye doctor that if I didn't remove my cateracts, I would be going blind. I don't have any health insurance, nor do I have the money to pay for it myself. So, I have no choice but to go blind. Does anybody know if Virtualdj has special features to allow the blind to be able to use it, or are working on features?

Posted Fri 26 May 17 @ 6:40 pm
RaguTomPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Dude! This sucks! I can't imagine losing one of my senses and as DJs, sight and hearing are probably the worst ones to lose!!!

I would really like to see a plug-in or feature come about that will read the song title that your cursor is hovering over. The voice would of course be sent to the headphone output. The windows speech API is not hard to access. Please take a look at Window's built in narration tools as well. If you are using a controller with sound card built in, all narration audio is routed to the headphone jack on your laptop usually (based on your windows default playback device setting.)

Better than all of this though, PLEASE, try out GoFundMe or another crowd funding site. Your story will touch people based on the fact that you are giving up a life long passion, because of something that their small donations could prevent.

Tom

Posted Sat 27 May 17 @ 12:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)