Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Content unlimited

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

You know I have been paying for this since 2010 and I've watched a change from just basic Internet search to what it is today I downloaded thousands of songs paid thousands of dollars and what I don't get is if I stop using during the slow season I lose all the music that I ever cashed isn't there a another service out there that actually lets me keep the music that I paid for it won't cost me thousands of dollars a month let's face it if I'm paying for service for music downloads I should be able to keep that music

Posted Wed 24 May 17 @ 3:23 pm
You are paying to STREAM the music. Same as Deezer, same as Spotify, same as Apple Music.

It is not your music, you are paying for the right to listen to it. The terms and conditions on all these services are quite clear about this.

Posted Wed 24 May 17 @ 3:56 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Your cached files are not deleted, so if you don't pay for a while, but then start paying again, you can use the cached files again.
If you actually downloaded thousands of songs in that time, I think the value you got out of it has been quite good.
Since 2010 only 89 months have passed, so you only paid $890 in that time if you kept it non-stop.

The typical cheapest music download services (buying songs rather than a subscription) are about $1 per song I think. (If you buy compilation albums you might be able to get songs a little cheaper, but you also get a lot of songs that you probably didn't need)
So if you would have wanted to buy these thousands of songs to keep forever, you would have been down at least thousands of dollars.

So it looks like it's not such a bad deal after all (unless you estimate that in the future you will never need any new music again, in that case it would have been cheaper to buy all the songs if you keep them for another 10 years without buying new songs)

Posted Wed 24 May 17 @ 4:04 pm
First off your numbers are way off it is $959.64 a year so it has been $6,717.48 so back to my first question have i lost the cached files or do I need to start over look all the files up and re-download all of them i have all of them

Posted Wed 24 May 17 @ 9:15 pm
You're paying for the audio plan, the video plan and the karaoke plan every month?

tonys party time wrote :
have i lost the cached files

Which part of....
Adion wrote :
Your cached files are not deleted

...was unclear?

Posted Wed 24 May 17 @ 9:37 pm
what do i click on to bring them back in

Posted Wed 24 May 17 @ 9:40 pm
ok i can use them again. I guess you just have to reload tags .

Posted Wed 24 May 17 @ 9:50 pm
Tony , I'm in same page 9.99 CU Audio + 49.99 CU Video = 59.98 a moth = 719.76 a years , few days ago I put a topic in general and premium forum asking if the near future there will be some improvement in the video and nobody answer is incredible that all those who maintain that CU continues working do not realize that in this part (CU Video ) the service is bad for the price , of course maybe they do not pay it .

It would be very helpful if ADION (CTO) gave us an answer regarding.........THANKS

Posted Thu 25 May 17 @ 9:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)