Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Headphone issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just set up my pioneer ddj sz with virtual dj pro and I can't get the decks to individually play in my headphones when I cue the corresponding deck. They all play on channel one, but in virtual dj, it shows them playing separately and correct. My main issue is if I cue a song and want to preview it before playing it next, I hear the current song playing in my headphones as well due to the fact they all are playing through channel one on my mixer....plz help, I have a prom to do tomorrow

Posted Fri 12 May 17 @ 1:39 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Fri 12 May 17 @ 9:44 pm
The Pioneer SZ does not have PFL mode so if you are playing a song on the left deck but now want to hear whats playing on the right deck you have to manually hit the Cue button to listen to the right side , I did not like this feature on the SZ buts Its funny that the first pioneer sx has pfl .. Anyways I traded in my SZ and got the denon 7000 which does have PFL If you can live with hitting the cue button all the time then no worries if not you may have to switch over to Serato

Posted Fri 12 May 17 @ 10:27 pm
Of course it has PFL - all DJ mixers have PFL. Having to manually press cue? Well of course, that's how you choose to pre-listen to the channel. Completely 100% standard operation.

Posted Fri 12 May 17 @ 10:33 pm
Once you hit play on the right deck for the Pioneer SZ you will not hear the song unless you hit the Cue Button .. On the Denon mc7000 if you hit the right deck it automatically switched over without hitting the cue button ..

Posted Fri 12 May 17 @ 10:35 pm
Thanks all, I'll try that djdad and as for everyone else, I know I have to hit cue to listen to the next track. As for my sz, there are the 4 decks with 2 platters and my issue is not that I don't know how to listen, but that the other three channels for the other 3 decks that I have songs loaded on all play through their corresponding channels as far as volume is concerned but not on the eq that is physically on the sz. As well as all songs play on channel 1 for my headphones when hit cue, they are not separated to their corresponding channels like they should be, therefore I cannot preview or mix before playing live because the current song that is playing is also playing in my headphones

Posted Fri 12 May 17 @ 11:11 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
In case you still have issues with my instructions above, please check these as well..
- The HEADPHONES MIXING knob is at CUE position http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsz/mixer.html (Nr.2) or else the Master Output will be blend
- The MASTER CUE button at the top (Nr.12) is Off.

As for the Headphones routing automation, indeed this is the default behavior and can be turned on/off from Settings->Options tab (autoHeadphones setting), but this doesnt apply to external mixers or controllers that behave like this (DDJ-SZ falls into this case and the setting is disabled when the unit is connected for the first time with VDJ)

Posted Sat 13 May 17 @ 1:39 am
Thank you, I set it all up today and it somehow was working correctly? Previously i did not have my speakers hooked up so I was just playing with it and listening via headphones....that could have been my issue. Thank you everyone for your input.....prom will now be a success lol

Posted Sat 13 May 17 @ 7:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)