Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: REQUEST: RELATIVE RESIZING OF BROWSER COLUMNS (PLAYLIST E.G.)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

tba64ControlleristMember since 2017
Hello,

I did not find this in the discussion, so I want to ask for it - i am using the Standard Skin, but this feature should be globally useful in my opinion.

I play around with the visible columns in my playlists and there is a annoying usability problem: when I add a new column (e.g. comments) and put it among other colums, I have to refit all columns by hand, to give room for the new one/keep the size of the existing ones. This is very complicated and makes finding the proper setup very hard. Especially the well adjustet BPM column (for having the bar instead of difference count) must be re-adjusted every time.

Can this be improved please or, moreover, brought to the established behaviour like in file explorers in Windows, Linux, Mac etc. Would be veeery helpful :)

Thanks and greetings!

Posted Tue 09 May 17 @ 8:53 pm
...is there nobody, who can follow this thoughts? just pushin...

Posted Thu 11 May 17 @ 7:23 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The alternative like in Explorer etc would be horizontal scroll bars, but then it's even more difficult to adjust all columns so that it fits exactly

Posted Fri 12 May 17 @ 1:44 am
Okay, i retried to add a column. I don't know, if we understand each other right. When I add a new column (e.g. album), i have to readjust the other columns, that's right. Nobody likes horizontal scrolling (it is hell). But I think, what I miss is a dynamical resizing of all the other colums, so no column hides it's content. At the moment i have to touch _every_ single colum, usually (other file browsers) all the columns move and in relation to the adjustment of the size of one colum.
Yes, at some point there will the horizontal scrollbar appear, but then it is up to me to adjust something - but this is normal.

Is this understandable? Sorry, it is hard to describe, even screenshots will not help much here.

Posted Mon 15 May 17 @ 7:32 pm
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
What I think he is referring to is the automatic resizing of columns to fit the screen. Microsoft does something similar with file explorer in Windows. There is an option to resize all columns to fit, once you enable the option the columns will adjust to accommodate the width of the longest string in each column.

Posted Tue 16 May 17 @ 1:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)