Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8.2 stops communicating with controller after about 1/2 hour

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just upgraded recently and began playing around to test things out, with my Numark Mixdeck Express. Things are great for a little while, but then suddenly after i load a track in one of the decks, when I begin to use the jog wheel on the mixdeck to find my cue point, i am not hearing anything in my headphones, or even if i pless play no sound comes out , although on the software waveforms it displays accurately when I jog the song forward, and the counter display on the mixdeck shows it correctly , although there's no sound. The only way to fix is to close and re open the software, but that certainly isn't an option when playing live! any ideas?

Posted Sat 06 May 17 @ 12:06 pm
I've seen similar behaviour when the laptop loses contact with the controller for a split second.
I've had it happen both due to power spikes (from a bad light), and a loose USB cable
The midi part comes back almost istantly, but for the audio to come back, I've had to click "apply" in the audio settings

Posted Sat 06 May 17 @ 12:46 pm
I would try and see if the same things happens when you don't have your controller plugged ..

Posted Sat 06 May 17 @ 2:51 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
I've seen similar behaviour when the laptop loses contact with the controller for a split second.
I've had it happen both due to power spikes (from a bad light), and a loose USB cable
The midi part comes back almost istantly, but for the audio to come back, I've had to click "apply" in the audio settings

ok some good ideas there. thanks!

Posted Sat 06 May 17 @ 4:49 pm
have done some more testing, and it happened again, and i was sure to keep all cables connected tightly. this time though, it happened when i brought the same track into both decks and played them - (i was just testing both channels for levels and such), and then the s/w lost connection with my controller.

any other thoughts let me know. thanks!

Posted Sun 07 May 17 @ 5:21 pm
You could always try to go back to a previous build and see if your problems is still present.

Posted Sun 07 May 17 @ 5:27 pm
Try a different USB cable, or USB port on the laptop, but not at the same time. If you do both at the same time, you won't know which worked or didn't work. You may also check to see if the USB port is in a sleep mode.

Posted Sat 13 May 17 @ 5:26 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Reading the entire topic, i see 2 comments/issues from you...
1. .... i am not hearing anything in my headphones (your initial post)
2. .. the s/w lost connection with my controller.

So my questions are..
For Nr.1.. Do you also lose sound from the Master Output (Speakers) or just Headphones ?

Fro Nr.2. Do you lose just sound or control as well ? E.g. if you move the Pitch fader on the controller, do you also see the Pitch fader moving on the screen ?

Posted Sat 13 May 17 @ 6:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)