Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: content unlimited - nothing coming up on search

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been using content unlimited for about eight months... mostly pleased until now.... I am using 7.4 version on an older show laptop running Vista. could this be my problem. Please assist or I'll just find another option. thanks for your time and input. Michael

Posted Thu 04 May 17 @ 12:26 am
michaelhawkins1 wrote :
I have been using content unlimited for about eight months... mostly pleased until now.... I am using 7.4 version on an older show laptop running Vista. could this be my problem. Please assist or I'll just find another option. thanks for your time and input. Michael

Content Unlimited is not supported in v7 anymore
That being said, it still works in my version. As long as we are talking about Content Unlimited (the iDJPool content) and not Netsearch (the free add-on content)
Remember that Content Unlimited mainly has newer/top40 content.
Netsearch used to have the classic content (grabbed from the internet), but that has been deprecated

But you should be able to get CU result for never content, if you have set it up correctly - even in v7.
Like if you search for Rihanna, you should see a list of tracks you can use (see my v7 CU search below)

In v8 there are 3 additional content providers besides CU: PulseLocker, Spotify and Deezer

Posted Thu 04 May 17 @ 10:33 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
michaelhawkins1 wrote :

I responded to your PM for this a few min ago. I'll put the same response here in case it helps someone else. I did not mention that I am using the current 8.2 build 3731.

A little while back they changed the layout in the browser for CU. But first, let's make sure everything is set up.

Go to http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and click the My Licenses button on the left. Scroll down and verify you have an active subscription. My subscription for ContentUnlimited Audio says Subscription Active (will renew automatically on May 21).

Next you want to make sure VDJ is logged in and has an active connection to the internet. Open VDJ and pull up the settings. Click on Licenses. Where it says Content Unlimited Audio, the option to purchase is greyed out and it says I already have it. Make sure your subscription says the same. Also make sure your user name at the top is the same as your forum login.

Next, while in settings, go to Options. Make sure searchInContentUnlimited is set to yes. I also have ContentUnlimitedWhenEmpty set to yes. I don't want CU searches to show when I have library matches. If the latter is set to yes, you will have to go to the Online Music area of the browser to search CU.

Last, go to the Online Music area and select your subscribed CU. For me that is Content Unlimited Audio. Try a test search. I just put in the word "test" and came up with 201 items.

Posted Tue 09 May 17 @ 2:48 pm
I just purchased a newer computer Lenovo t530 thinkpad. I downloaded Version 8 and the content unlimited worked as it did before. I will attempt to follow the instructions given . Thank you gentlemen for your assistance. I'm hoping a V-mix 5.3 can be updated as I've grown accustomed to the lay out. Thanks again. I'm trying to learn Focus Skin now and believe i need to go ahead and add a controller. Pioneer maybe.

Posted Thu 25 May 17 @ 12:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)