Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Duel soundcard with controller, No headphones?! It used to work.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Right, I have a external soundcard and a mixtrak pro 3.
I have in the past been able to use my external soundcard for output and my mixtrack for headphones.

Now when I attempt this setup the mixtrak "fails to initialize"
Im completely unable to combine two soundcards (tried a few) using any other soundcard as a combo just blocks the mixtrak soundcard from connecting while all other controller functions work fine.

and for me, using the mixtrak output is not an option, my external soundcard is much higher quality and is way more convenient because I wont have to rewire my whole system for an hours DJing.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I have been trying to find the problem all day... It worked before and cant find any reason why it wont work now.
(side note I am able to connect the mixtrak output and headphones if that is the soul soundcard in use, but again not an option.... more so for live performance)

EDIT: Finally figured it out... I hope this is left on here for the next person getting nothing from google ect.
The external soundcard was sharing the same USB bus as the mix track, causing the other to cancel out. Make sure they dont share the same bus, You can tell because the soundcard selection on VDJ will have a number before the card name (EG: 3-USB sound device) ... both of mine had 3- meaning they used the same bus.

Posted Wed 03 May 17 @ 1:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)