Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: major issues with this latest build on denon mcx 8000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
1: the sound is awful. when i play my media outside if vdj. on vlc or aimp it is fine. within vdj it sounds like a tinny, distored filtered sound.
2: in the middle of a 5 hour mix. i suddenly was not able to turn sync off. or move the pitch to change tempos.
3. the screens on the mcx800 still are 10 seconds off on the units display than what the laptop monitor says.
4. the knobs, faders etc only moved when i wiggled them up and down quickly. but latency seems off. my asio is at 384 and has always been that way
5. the key that is displayed on the monitor is different from the track info on the right side of the screen

it seems somehow the unit went into "autopilot". or something. i use vdj once per week and this has not happened.

BUT THE SOUND! i know this unit is meant for serato. but even without the controller and using the mouse and a different soundcard sounds like im playing in a tunnel..

Posted Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 12:45 pm
ok i fiddled with some settings, i set it to 48000. the sound is better somehow, and their are settings that controll the speed of faders. that seems fixed. we will see.

Posted Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 12:55 pm

Posted Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 1:57 pm
will the next build fix it? they come so fast.

Posted Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 3:13 pm

Posted Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 3:17 pm
i have a .tsi for traktor which i dont use. but tested it and sound is fine.

Posted Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 3:19 pm
hh73 wrote :
will the next build fix it? they come so fast.

Nobody from the support team or dev team has commented in this thread yet, so unless you have a support ticket where a problem has been identified, I don't think your issue has been considered a general software issue yet.
In that case I doubt anybody is working on it yet

Did it change anything to go back to an earlier build?

Posted Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 3:53 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Sounds like it's only on about half of the songs, and it sounds like a very short echo or phaser perhaps, so my guess is that on one side an effect is enabled. So best to check the manual and read how effects are supposed to work with the mcx8000.

Posted Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 4:28 pm
all my mixes on soundcloud were made with this unit. i know how to use it.. i have not seen any firmware updates for it nor driver issues. trust me. im not griping. all the other builds were. fine., and since well these seem to be test builds. i dont see the impossibility of a bug? i dont even use the effects in vdj, besides the filter. and thats the knob below the bass.

anyway. MAYBE its the latest build of windows 10. i will dl the older version someone suggested. if that works. then its not me.

Posted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 6:07 am
Adion wrote :
Sounds like it's only on about half of the songs, and it sounds like a very short echo or phaser perhaps, so my guess is that on one side an effect is enabled. So best to check the manual and read how effects are supposed to work with the mcx8000.

thats exactly how it sounds. but not of the effects were enables. and the songs i played outside of vdj in aimp or vlc sound fine.......heck most are from beat port or juno they should, :)

Posted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 6:09 am
BUT THE SOUND! i know this unit is meant for serato. but even without the controller and using the mouse and a different soundcard sounds like im playing in a tunnel..

there is also this part. where i was using a focusrite scartlett as a sound card. didnt do a mix. but could here the clarity come right back.

maybe will try another usb port. i just use the denon for podcasts and really like it.

Posted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 6:17 am
i will add: i have been using windows 8.1 for anything dj related for years. until last week. now newer i7 cpus are getting popup messages that " you really should update to windows 10 because newest chips are now not going to be supported"

im sure you have heard about this.

i do own a legit copy of windows 10 home. but the popups where coming every 30 mins or so.

i also always used avast free as an antivirus. i did have a copy of malwarebytes running in the background yesterday. that is a nono for me. i like my system to be as lightweight as possible.

i also have an amd rx480. which i dont really need. but was a give. since version 17.2 i have been getting (on windows 10) random reboots. so i went back down to 17.2

*i could happily take out the gpu and run off the intel 530 inside* i dont play games. so its a bit of overkill.

i see last last there was a new windows build installed.

now MANY people on reddit. yes i know. were saying builds before the windows creators update were breaking their asio drivers. i havent dont a mix in a month. due to me in the hospital, a new puppy, and moving house.

i also disabled hyperthreading just to keep the cpu a bit cooler. which is NOT overclocked. its an i7-7600k. no bios updates. nothing out of the ordinary. and i really dont have much software that isnt dj realted on the hd.

i cant test vdj right now people are sleeping. some issues like the slow faders i figured out in advanced settings. not tolally blaming vdj for wonky sound. but my denon is past its point of returning. and that doesnt thrill me. id rather just blame a flaky update of vdj because that can be fixed. the sound quality again sounded exactly like a filter or effect was stuck. but i had hours looking for some know, orange glow, etc if they were.

and i never had a sync button stuck in the bright blue before.

i come peacefully. but yesterday after a hellish ruined mix for no apparent reasons why not putting me in the best moods.

i even used the default skin. usually use one of phantom djs series. not sure how that could make a difference.

wish me luck. i should know more later.

cheers

Posted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 7:05 am
Adion wrote :

not to mention competitors. but since its a serato based controllers. i only use the effects if using that. and no issue with that.

i do indeed wish there was a firmware update however. its been over a year. and their are issues that are not vdj related.

Posted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 7:09 am
hh73 wrote :
i also disabled hyperthreading just to keep the cpu a bit cooler.

I don't know where you got that advice, but disabling hyperthreading means you are wasting some of your cpu power, which means it will have to run more at a higher frequency to do the same amount of work, thus making the cpu run hotter instead of cooler.

Posted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 7:09 am
hh73 wrote :
Adion wrote :

thats exactly how it sounds. but none of the effects were enabled (you have to fiddle and theres a bright orange light telling you the effect is on). and the songs i played outside of vdj in aimp or vlc sound fine.......heck most are from beat port or juno they should, :)

Posted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 7:11 am
Adion wrote :
hh73 wrote :
i also disabled hyperthreading just to keep the cpu a bit cooler.

I don't know where you got that advice, but disabling hyperthreading means you are wasting some of your cpu power, which means it will have to run more at a higher frequency to do the same amount of work, thus making the cpu run hotter instead of cooler.

check out in hwinfo your temps. they will be about 8c cooler with it turned off. i used to overclock my machines and this is the first tip. i know. when encoding the temps didnt get higher that 60c or so. and i DO like hyperthreading. i know what you are saying.

but im just grasping at straws.....anyway during the tragic mix. the cpu meter was still well no where near 20%

the base clock for this chip is 4.0. which is plenty for any dj program.

btw i am using a pc to use my mcx8000 on. the laptop is older and running windows 8.1 but that has a i6700q. which is clocked at. 2.6 i believe. but im not getting the

now i have to laugh. some kid has "patched" windows 8.1 so you can run it on skylake cpus without the update block.

now ms has apolized. and maybe im going back to windows 8.1

lots of music related apps dont like 10 still. unless in compatibility mode.

Posted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 7:24 am
Can you confirm what I think I heard in your recorded mix that it is only happening on one channel, not both?

Posted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 8:23 am
i could be a complete idiot. and not realized the problem. when re insalling vdj after i "upgraded" to windows 10. i had " left screen" as my controller and not the denon8000 itself. i still took out the video card. and some other safety measures. realize last week i was had an accident and had a concussion. so im been a bit off. but this explains most of the issues so far. DUH.
im suprised i was able to even use just the left "screen" as the at all. now i saved it. i also received as a givt a numark dashboard. which made things more complicated and dont need it. thats now disabled. but i am running 3170. and that was the first thing it alerted me too. asio cannot start. .

*hides head in shame*

Posted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 8:33 am
and this is why when i would change the settings. they would not stick. i wasnt saving them to the actually denonmc8000. just the "left screen". thanks for hints. sometimes its theally obvious you dont think of..

Posted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 8:42 am
https://soundcloud.com/hamburg73/nervaas

fixed. (shamless plug) user error on most part. but glad i discovered some settings for the faders to respond better. and how to lower my latency to 384 from 512.

sorry to be a bother. i am using an older version. but im happy now

off to sleep.

Posted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 11:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)