Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pulselocker question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
So I signed up for the demo account to give it a try. Is it only streaming? Meaning I can't download it to use offline like CU files.

Posted Thu 27 Apr 17 @ 12:37 am
Pulselocker should work the same as CU, so you should be able to download songs to cache.

Posted Thu 27 Apr 17 @ 5:06 am
DHoude wrote :
So I signed up for the demo account to give it a try. Is it only streaming? Meaning I can't download it to use offline like CU files.

No, offline should work

I just did a quick test. I:
1. Placed myself in the Online Music -> Pulselocker folder (to only get Pulselocker results)
2. Search for a song
3. Did right-click-> "Store off-line"
4. Waited for the "downloading" indicator to reach 100%
5. Disabled my internet access
6. Went into the Online Music -> Pulselocker -> Downloaded Content folder
7. Dragged the track to a deck and played it

Posted Thu 27 Apr 17 @ 5:52 am
Ah, thank you! I missed the "store off-line" in the middle there.

The real reason was not really for offline play, but CU has always pushed downloading first. Bad/good habit maybe? Lol. CU has always had "Download to Cache" more visible than this was. Just figured I would check it out before I need it to work as CU is not really what it use to be (as we all know).

Posted Thu 27 Apr 17 @ 10:02 am
Super glad we can get a trial to compare the two. Looks like Pulselocker has most of the old / odd content we have been missing! No way to tell for all future events (or I would just buy the songs) but super happy to have all these new options. Wish it wasn't so expensive to have them all...

Thanks Atomix for giving us way more options than anyone else!

Posted Thu 27 Apr 17 @ 10:44 am
Quick Question: Is there any way to move the offline cache songs off of Pulselocker to a personal folder? For mixing CU & Pulselocker songs together.

Posted Fri 12 May 17 @ 8:28 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
A virtual folder yes..real no.

Posted Fri 12 May 17 @ 8:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)