Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Numark Party Mix and Computer not syncing on Deck 1's EQ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My Party Mix and its connection to my Mac are not completely in sync, for on deck 1 my mid and high range knob is balanced or at zero on my controller but is to the max on my computer and I can't turn it down even when I turn the knobs on the controller. What is going on? I need this fixed.

Posted Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 9:25 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you using the "factory default" mapping or some custom ? Do they line up if you restart VirtualDJ ?
Any chance you have enabled Sandbox ?

Posted Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 9:46 pm
djdad wrote :
Are you using the "factory default" mapping or some custom ? Do they line up if you restart VirtualDJ ?
Any chance you have enabled Sandbox ?

Yes, and just to make sure I resetted it again to the "factory default".........it also does not line up on the restart, so I changed the settings to do so when the next track loads up. The only thing now is that the shadow marker is still pointing to the maximum, while the other marker is in the middle. Also I did not enable Sandbox

Posted Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 9:55 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The "shadow" marker indicates the position offered from the hardware. So my guess is that your controller is faulty, meaning that even if your knobs are centered, they send a MIDI message equal to the one from their end position.
Please contact Numark.

Posted Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 9:57 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Dj Phallu wrote :
My Party Mix and its connection to my Mac are not completely in sync, for on deck 1 my mid and high range knob is balanced or at zero on my controller but is to the max on my computer and I can't turn it down even when I turn the knobs on the controller. What is going on? I need this fixed.

it my not necessarily be a faulty unit, my pioneer has a similar issue. heres a few things to try.

turn the knobs to zero on your software and on your controller. play a song, and turn the knob on your controller to increase any of your EQ.

does it increase as it should from the speakers? if yes, there could be something not quite right with the native script for the controller, not always are they 100%. therefore you can just continue as normal but would probably have to alter your gui each time you load VDJ. i had this once upon a time with v7, but it was actually more use than a problem as it taught me to check all my eq before any audio was output

also some controllers do not send relative position signals to the software and therefore may not move your softwares indicators.

if not, then you may want to try a different usb cable, if the usb cable change does not solve the issue then the only other things i can think of is to remove the drivers for your device (im unsure of their location within OS X) and possibly reinstall vdj which may not be necessary as if they work as they should but just dont show the relative position then i wouldnt bother trying to fix it.

if none of these work along with djdads recommendation, then im unsure which way to move next.

Posted Sun 23 Apr 17 @ 5:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)