Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: PLEASE POST MAPPING FOR PIONEER DDJ-SZ2 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

@jbdadj, lets try to stay with the facts. You say you've been here almost 10 years. Actually, you are stretching that a little, don't you think? To me, almost 10 years would be like 91/2, but I digress. If you have been here "awhile", you would know how it works here. We all like the nice new controllers, but we don't all rush out and buy them. Just speaking for myself, I don't buy any controller that does not work with the software that I chose. I've actually posted from a convention floor, where I could have gotten a great deal on a controller that I wanted, VDJ did not support at the time (MC8000 and NV2). They were still working on it, but no one forced me to buy either of those controllers. Then I saw the RZX, and just had to have it. No go with that one either.

There has never been a promise from this company about supporting any particular controller, unless it had a Virtual DJ logo on it. We have been very fortunate that they have supported most of the high end controllers on the market. Most of us come here and ask if a certain controller is being considered, and if it is, they tell us they are working on it. That has been good for most of us, so we wait. But not you. You bought the controller without knowing if it was supported, and now you want it supported immediately. We can't stop you from ranting and raving, and having a little fit. But you will get the support for this controller the exact same day that every one else that bought this controller.

The comparison between the company and your company has no merit. When a client hires you, I hope you sign a contract with the services that you are able to provide, not a service you are thinking about. My motto is "I never promise more than I can deliver, but always deliver more than I promised". No one told you to buy that controller, that was your choice. You will be very happy when the support for it is released.

Posted Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 5:16 am
blacknoiz wrote :
VDJ team...
so for all the mentioned above; we really want VDJ to keep working harder and harder and provide the mappers for the DDJ-SZ2
Many Thanks...

I understand your point of view.
But instead of wanting us (VirtualDj Team) to work harder you should also go to Pioneer and demand an unlocked controller:
Pioneer DDJ-SZ2 shares 98% of it's code with the previous model (DDJ-SZ) and therefore mapping it takes less than an hour.
However DDJ-SZ2 has some "Serato Exlusive" features locked and the locking mechanism is not the same as SZ.
That's the part that's holding back official support for now.
We will NEVER support officially a unit that it's resources can't be used 100% by VirtualDj. We believe that every user should be able to use the 100% of the gear they bought with the software of their choice.
Pioneer decided otherwise: You buy this gear (DDJ-SZ2) but you can't use it freely. You can use 98% of it with any software, but if you want to take out the 100% of it you have to use Serato. Therefore Pioneer decides for you what software you should use if you want to take out 100% of what you payed for.
PS: If you don't know it, when you payed for DDJ-SZ2 you also payed for a Serato license. It's included in the price. Therefore Serato won't loose money if you buy SZ2 to use it with another software.

What I'm trying to tell here is that I admire your passion to get your controller working with your software of choise.
But you should show the same passion on Pioneer channels (Forums, Social Media, e.t.c.) as well.

We will always try to support all units, locked or not.
But it's up to you, the final users that payed for a piece of gear, to demand for it to be unlocked and help us speed up development process.

PS2: Anyone with a Windows PC that's interested to help speed up the development of SZ2 mapper, please send me a PM

Posted Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 8:17 am
@PhantomDeejay I appreciate your kind reply and I am really willing to help with anything to unlock the controller and speed up the process
just tell me how I can do that!
of course am not a mapper or a programmer but I have the controller DDJ-SZ2, a dell laptop with windows 10 on it, and VDJ pro :)

Posted Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 4:22 pm
please see below the FAQ from pioneer website for DDJ-SZ2 taken from this link: http://faq.pioneerdj.com/product.php?c=13&lang=en&p=DDJ-SZ2&t=faq which may help :

" Q17 :Is it possible to use this unit as a general purpose MIDI controller and to operate MIDI-compatible DJ software other than Serato DJ?

A17 :When using this unit in combination with MIDI-compatible DJ software other than Serato DJ, operation is possible by performing the settings in 1 and 2 below.

1. This unit is set to output optimum MIDI signals for operating Serato DJ, so the settings must be changed to operate other MIDI-compatible DJ software.
In this unit's utility settings, change the settings to use DJ software other than Serato DJ in this unit's utility settings.
For details, see the "Utility settings" section of this unit's operating instructions.

2. In order to operate MIDI-compatible DJ software with this unit, the various functions of the DJ software must be assigned to this unit's control interface.
For details on assigning the functions, see your DJ software's operating instructions. "

Posted Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 6:45 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We are aware of all the above info. Please be patient.

Posted Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 9:48 pm
DjButlaPRO InfinityMember since 2005
PhantomDeejay wrote :

I understand your point of view.
But instead of wanting us (VirtualDj Team) to work harder you should also go to Pioneer and demand an unlocked controller:
Pioneer DDJ-SZ2 shares 98% of it's code with the previous model (DDJ-SZ) and therefore mapping it takes less than an hour.
However DDJ-SZ2 has some "Serato Exlusive" features locked and the locking mechanism is not the same as SZ.
That's the part that's holding back official support for now.
We will NEVER support officially a unit that it's resources can't be used 100% by VirtualDj. We believe that every user should be able to use the 100% of the gear they bought with the software of their choice.
Pioneer decided otherwise: You buy this gear (DDJ-SZ2) but you can't use it freely. You can use 98% of it with any software, but if you want to take out the 100% of it you have to use Serato. Therefore Pioneer decides for you what software you should use if you want to take out 100% of what you payed for.
PS: If you don't know it, when you payed for DDJ-SZ2 you also payed for a Serato license. It's included in the price. Therefore Serato won't loose money if you buy SZ2 to use it with another software.

What I'm trying to tell here is that I admire your passion to get your controller working with your software of choise.
But you should show the same passion on Pioneer channels (Forums, Social Media, e.t.c.) as well.

We will always try to support all units, locked or not.
But it's up to you, the final users that payed for a piece of gear, to demand for it to be unlocked and help us speed up development process.

PS2: Anyone with a Windows PC that's interested to help speed up the development of SZ2 mapper, please send me a PM

You know what, In reading this, it all makes sense. A company WOULD PULL THIS KINDA SHENANIGANS TO SECURE PROFITS. And the features that are locked out are probably preventing the seamless integration that we are used to experiencing with other controllers( that intuitive, cross software "...It just works" feel). Ima' keep posted on this topic to see the developments. Keep up the good work, Y'all.

Posted Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 11:02 pm
I would like all DJ's to build a foundation to enable us share our opinion together.

Posted Sat 22 Apr 17 @ 10:10 am
It looks like the Pioneer DDJ-SZ2 is now supported in the latest Early Access release (b3734)

Posted Wed 10 May 17 @ 1:32 am
klausmogensen wrote :
It looks like the Pioneer DDJ-SZ2 is now supported in the latest Early Access release (b3734)

Hello, where can I find this beta update? VDJ is only updated to Version :8.2 b3731

Thanksss

Posted Wed 10 May 17 @ 8:38 pm

Posted Wed 10 May 17 @ 8:47 pm
hello all

yea DDJ-SZ2 is detected now and is kind of working with VDJ but there are ALOT of things that aren't yet properly mapped such as:
-sampler volume: not working
-instant doubles: not working
-pitch play: not working
-trim knobs: work only when aligned with the virtual knobs on VDJ
-tempo faders: work only when aligned with the virtual faders on VDJ
-color FX (filter): sometimes it works when pressed (blinking) and turning the corresponding channel knob and sometimes it doesn't, moreover; the filter sounds very weak compared to the filter in Serato DJ software where it sounds more deep
-Sound effects banks: Sound effects buttons 1 & 2 which are located above each channel to allow you choose which bank to affect the individual channel (1,2 or both) are inactive, not lit and not working at all
-Default decks: When opening VDJ, the default lit decks are 3&4 instead of 1&2, which is not right
-Parameters nob (Beats nob): The beats nob which affects the parameters of the sound effects in the banks is not working (not active)
-Flip function: The flip function is not working at all (rec/loop, start on/off, save)
-Headphone cue: it is reversed on channel one and headphone cue is not lit automatically when loading a track into a deck which causes a trouble just switching the cues manually every time I load a track
and some other more things
I hope that DDJ-SZ2 will be natively and fully supported by VDJ soon :)
thanks for the support team they already helped a lot :)

have a nice day guyz

Posted Fri 19 May 17 @ 1:55 pm

Posted Fri 19 May 17 @ 2:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)