Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Rolling Back to Build 2857

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 8:36 am
I had this issue with rolling back while doing some testing and it didn't want to overwrite with the older version.

I ended up extracting the .exe from the MSI and replacing it in the Program Files > VirtualDJ folder but that's probably not the best way to go about it.

I'm not sure what the solution is but maybe one of the team can advise.

What's wrong with 8.2 that you're not happy with?

Posted Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 8:40 am
DMayock13 wrote :
Still not happy with 8.2. Tried rolling back to Build 2857, but 8.2 still seems to be installed. Rebooted. Still the same install. Got the packet off http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html.

Ideas???

I've seen that happen too
Remove/delete the executeable file first
On Windows that will be "C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualDJ\virtualdj8.exe"
Then there is no way it'll stay on a newer version after the install :)

Posted Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 8:41 am
Mac here. Will look into it.

8.2 breaks some of the keyboard mappings I have. Even the system quit command on Mac does not work.

I have posted about the issue before, but no official response.

Posted Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 8:42 am
kradcliffe wrote :
What's wrong with 8.2 that you're not happy with?

Good question

I've been following the list of bug fixes through all the build releases, and by now I would find it scary to run V8.1 at a gig

Posted Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 8:43 am
Rolled it back by deleting the .exe. Thanks.

And every time I try to upgrade, the same issue persists. I only have one day off from gigging a week, so it's tough to run through all of the mapping I have done and re-do it.

Posted Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 8:45 am
DMayock13 wrote :
Mac here. Will look into it.

8.2 breaks some of the keyboard mappings I have. Even the system quit command on Mac does not work.

I have posted about the issue before, but no official response.

Have you done a complete restore of the default mappings, and then added your changes again in v8.2?

If not your mapping will be a mix and match between old stuff and new stuff when running v8.2
This was the reason it took me a few days before I figured out how to get the Pad Pages to work when I first upgraded to v8.2

That being said you may need to change your scripts a little anyway, because of enhancements made in v8.2,
but I'm sure you can get script-by-script help regarding this

Posted Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 8:46 am
I have not. I'm getting a new controller that is only supported on 8.2, so I guess I'll have to adapt soon!!!

Hope your fix works.

Posted Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 8:49 am
Ah, OK.

There seems to be quite a few issues with the Mac version. Glad you're sorted now.

Posted Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 8:54 am
Sad it hasn't been fixed in all this time.

Posted Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 8:55 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
All 8.1 mappings should still work. If not let us know exactly what is not working anymore. (which vdj script, which button and which controller)

Posted Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 10:36 am
A lot of my keyboard mappings don't carry over. For example, CTRL+M is currently mapped to song_pos +4. In 8.2, it does nothing. Trying to close the program with CMD+Q (Mac default) does not work either.

I'm sure there are more, but I hadn't had time to go through every command. I have quite a few mappings done on the keyboard.

Posted Wed 05 Apr 17 @ 3:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)