Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Flickering Flashing Blinking Skin Fixed

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi guys,
So this is the second brand new Windows 10 laptop I have experienced this issue. Both times the problem has been fixed by installing DirectX 9 drivers from the windows website.

I have seen on other forums that VDJ staff insist that installing DirectX 9 is not required because newer versions of DirectX contain compatibility for DirectX 9. I also saw one staff member mention that perhaps some plugins require this, but VDJ out of the box does not. I think that this point cannot be emphasized too much.

I cannot confirm it, because I always install virtual dj and copy and paste the myDocs/Virtual DJ folder to my new machine, which contains old plugins. However, I am posting this for any fellow users that experience the same problem. It is nothing to do with optimization, graphics card, memory etc. It is simply that you need to install DirectX 9. Virtual DJ runs on DirectX 9. Maybe the out of the box version (not tested this myself) works perfectly with DirectX 12, but if you have some old plugins I recommend this fix for you.

Hope this helps.

Happy Spinning!

Posted Fri 31 Mar 17 @ 8:24 am
stevoqxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I tried this but got a warning that you should work with older versions of windows to install directx 9. "this can harm your computer....."

Posted Sat 21 Dec 19 @ 10:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)