Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Moving to turntables I want to know does vdj 8 has anti drift feature?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anyone out there knows? does vdj 8 has bpm stabilizer which gives you more reliable beat mixing .......

Posted Wed 29 Mar 17 @ 2:57 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
VirtualDJ follows the timecode. You could turn off timecode while it's normally playing, and turn it back on when you need control again.

Posted Wed 29 Mar 17 @ 3:01 pm
Thanks Adion for your answer!

One more question if I use reloops 8000 decks which has midi digital pitch example if I lock the pitch to 0 on decks would the pitch drift of the beat in vdj 8
With pitch lock on decks to 0 if I move pitch while it's locked would than bpm drift
That's my question thanks

Posted Wed 29 Mar 17 @ 3:23 pm
nicholas123 wrote :
Anyone out there knows? does vdj 8 has bpm stabilizer which gives you more reliable beat mixing .......

No, the numbers are always moving unless like Adion said you switch to internal mode but then what's the point in using turntables if your not really using them??

Posted Wed 29 Mar 17 @ 3:36 pm
The sound,I 'm planing to use them and would like to know how the program responding to wow and flutter that' all ....

Posted Wed 29 Mar 17 @ 4:15 pm
Well if you've ever used the turntables before then it really shouldn't be an issue when it comes the mixing

Posted Wed 29 Mar 17 @ 5:12 pm
Kid when I was using them you probably was not born! it's not big problem but it's minor issue for long smooth transitions, the reason I'm asking is because serato fixed that they got anti drift feature . The sound the way you talking to people is not very nice and you was not very helpful here. Big thanks to Adions, answer was short,understandable and helpful, I don't know what you doing here man if Adion just told me what's your problem?
Don't need repeater!
If you don't wanna help then don't disturb!

Posted Wed 29 Mar 17 @ 9:34 pm
Lmao!! You gotta be around 80/85 then because Im 41 ;-p

But anyways if your tables are in good shape then it doesn't matter what SDJ or VDJ have because it all comes down to the wow n flutter on your tables. If your tables are pretty steady now the software won't make a difference.

As for what Adion maybe I should explain it to you.

What he's saying is to mix and then turn the timecode off (go into internal mode) and let the mix go....... That to me is wack as hell and no fun at all but thats my opinion. Now unless your mixing with 3 or 4 turntables I can see how this helps but this shouldn't be a problem for a vet like yourself.
Ill ride the pitch all day if I have to even with SDJ.

And heres a helpful hint, if you dont want to go into internal mode use 'BEATLOCK' and your tracks will stay locked no matter how much WnF your tables have. You can move the pitch on 1 deck and it'll follow on the other side.

Posted Thu 30 Mar 17 @ 1:16 am
The sound, now the software won't make a difference.
It does the difference but SDJ.....
SDJ got that feature!
And my question was based on that.....
I came here to find help and get informed here!
You came to argue with the customers this just tell us who you are!
Anyway thanks for your help...

Posted Thu 30 Mar 17 @ 8:38 am
There are setting adjustments to help tighten the software's reaction to w/f. VDJ8 is spot on.

Posted Thu 30 Mar 17 @ 10:21 am
I watched the video above several times. At no point do they show you the actual settings that are being used. Would be nice to know as I'm having a similar problem with pitch drift in VDJ 8.2.

Posted Mon 17 Apr 17 @ 12:32 am
Because there isn't any.

There's a few settings that'll basically mask the fluctuations of the bpm on screen but there are absolutely no settings in VDJ like SDJ has when it comes to wow n flutter.

And yeah I don't know what he was trying to show with posting that video either.

Posted Mon 17 Apr 17 @ 1:36 am
What are the settings that mask the fluctuation? I can't find anything in VDJ that alters it.

Posted Mon 17 Apr 17 @ 1:56 am
I have a problem with the pitch. My plx 1000 from pioneer has 8-16-50+ but you use 8 and 16 work ok but when use 50 it doesn’t work like Serato DJ

Posted Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 1:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)