Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Hercules Universal DJ functions stopped working a few VDJ updates ago

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

a few VDJ updates ago I noticed that my controller wasnt working properly. before update: PERFECT after update: 4th FX button does nothing (both decks) and the browser wheel skips around tracks up and down in random order. Ive still been able to use it so it hasnt been the biggest issue but its starting to bug me. All my drivers are up to date, Ive even tried uninstalling them and VDJ then reinstalling everything, still no success. Any ideas?

Posted Tue 28 Mar 17 @ 2:03 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure which build you were using before the latest update, but you may be using an outdated custom mapping ? Or maybe you had installed some custom definition (any file in /Devices folder) which stopped working as soon as the unit became natively supported ?
Can you select the "factory default" from Settings->Controllers tab for the Universal and see if the operation matches the manual http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/hercules/universal/pads.html ?

The big Browser encoder scroll files/folders just fine here. If its simply mapped like browser_scroll (like the factory default mapping) and still behaving as described, then i am afraid its a hardware fault.

Posted Tue 28 Mar 17 @ 11:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)