Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Broadcasting Live output problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djcj79PRO SubscriberMember since 2014
Hi all,
am having problems with broadcasting live when i use my controller.
I get like an echo sound like its picking up the sound from my microphone on my laptop or something?
If i dont use a controller then it broadcasts just fine.
I read somewhere that using a controller then it uses the sound card on the controller and this causes the issue, but i couldnt find the work around.
Can anyone give me any advice please on mapping correctly or setup.
Much apprecio..
Thank you in advance :)

Posted Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 5:34 pm
djcj79 wrote :
when i use my controller

....which is?

What are you hearing as an echo? Just the mic, or everything? What mic are you using? Where is it plugged in?

What you're hearing could be either caused by the latency of the audio interface in your controller, or it could be that you're listening to the broadcast coming back at you, instead of just what's coming straight from VDJ. Of course there will be a delay between your signal and the return one. Just monitor the signal before it leaves, not after.

Posted Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 6:14 pm
Am using american audio vms4.1
Line output channels are selected as record - Realtek High defination audio - channels 1&2
Then i get the output sound but it sounds echo like its my laptop mic thats picking up the output.

Posted Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 7:14 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Probably it is your laptop mic recording the sound.
The VMS has an analog mixer part, meaning you have to route the sound back into your PC. You can do this by wireing the booth out to the line-in on your PC and than (I believe but not sure) you have to setup a "record loopback" chanel in VDJ with the Input set to your PC's line-in channel.

Posted Mon 27 Mar 17 @ 8:05 am
That was something i kind of read... Thanks.
I think i need to buy a usb line in adapter as my laptop only has a mic built into the screen and no line in..
Would that work does anybody know?

Thanks by the way guys for your help

Posted Tue 28 Mar 17 @ 10:32 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
On some devices the mic input is a mic/ line-in combi input. Maybe have a look at your laptops or mainboards manual first.

Posted Tue 28 Mar 17 @ 1:05 pm
I also heard the headphone jack can possibly be reverted as a mic input... I told a friend of mine whos a computer geek n he laughed at me saying no you cant.
Is it true you can?
Thanks pachn

Posted Thu 30 Mar 17 @ 9:49 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
On some laptops a single port can indeed be used for both. When you insert the cable in the port you will usually get a popup asking what you plugged in, or it may be configurable through the audio software that came with the computer.

Posted Fri 31 Mar 17 @ 8:55 am
PachN wrote :
Probably it is your laptop mic recording the sound.

I don't think so. He said that without a controller, everything works fine - so I doubt if the laptop mic is being switched on when he plugs in a controller.

Posted Fri 31 Mar 17 @ 9:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)