Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Spotify vs Deezer Bechmarks and Behavior's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Deezer is better loanding songs.period.
Spotify plugin really bad 2 or 3 minutes for 100% load song about 10 mb.
Deezer only 5 sec
Using sync by spotizr for sync playlist
more behaviors next week.greetings.

Posted Sun 19 Mar 17 @ 5:19 am
hey I think we should collaborate

Posted Sun 19 Mar 17 @ 8:13 am
pezamigo 2 wrote :
Deezer is better loanding songs.period.
Spotify plugin really bad 2 or 3 minutes for 100% load song about 10 mb.
Deezer only 5 sec
Using sync by spotizr for sync playlist
more behaviors next week.greetings.

Yes, Spotily is currenlty limiting their download speed to about 1.5 times playing speed.
I think Atomix is trying to get them to stop doing that

Deezer doesn't have a download speed limit, so it works almost instantly on fast internet connections

Posted Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 6:56 am
squincyPRO InfinityMember since 2007
So reading this makes me think i'd be better dropping my CU Audio subscription and going with Deezer ?? Is the Spotify and Deezer facility available to UK Pro / Premium Users ???

Posted Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 11:34 am
Yes, you need VDJ pro and either Spotify or Deezer paid membership.

After extensive testing with the Spotify plugin I feel it's unusable at the moment due to the loading time. I can load in a spare deck but it just doesn't feel right .... for example if you unload a spotify track to play something else you then have to load it at a snail's pace all over again.

I'm going to take a monthly trial with Deezer and see if that works better.

Posted Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 11:42 am
In Germany Deezer and Spotify are only for personal use, not for your business. Take a look at "your" terms of that websites.

Posted Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 1:45 pm
squincy wrote :
So reading this makes me think i'd be better dropping my CU Audio subscription and going with Deezer ?? Is the Spotify and Deezer facility available to UK Pro / Premium Users ???

There are a lot of licensing discussions going on right now...

But as I see it Content Unlimited, being based on iDJPool, is running on a Promo Only license with the record companies, which means you as a DJ can play the tracks in public

Deezer and Spotify licenses, on the other hand, are for personal use. So you can't legally use their content to play public gigs

Posted Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 7:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)