Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: HOW: Trigger videos with single pad hits (video sampler)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

vjbatPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I know this has been done to death but has any progress been made bringing clipbank properly back to V8? I used to be able to use an external pad controller and assign a pad to play a specific video file loaded in a bank # in clipbank. Now? That seems impossible. I can only trigger a bank of videos to begin (not what I want).

I want to be able to trigger individual videos of my choosing over mp3 audio only OR over a music video (my video without audio would simply fade in real quick, play, then fade out say the last second (perhaps the fade in/fade out could be a variable setting). Clipbank basically let me do this...

I AM talking to Don of the Telly series and he's looking into applying this to his plug-in which also only plays 'banks' but not individual files. Is there another way to do this yet? It's been a long time since V8 has come out... If not, please hit Don up that you would be interested in this functionality and throw him a donation for his excellent plug-in!

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 8:36 pm
Yes I mentioned this for another post you had on the subject:

I will probably implement something for it. Probably in a generic sort of way where you pass some string to TM and tell it what to do.

There is effect_command for this sort of thing but last I tested it there was some flaky behavior with it so will need to take another look at it. This would be preferred but there is another way if that is not consistent for whatever reason.

get_effect_string does always seem to work but kind of a strange name for sending a command.

so you might tie this script to a button:

get_effect_string 0 'media slot: 1' // tells TM to goto slot 1 in media tab

get_effect_string 0 'carousel folder: c:\myfolder' // tells TM to play this folder for carousel

This has the advantage of not having to deal with a lot of buttons or sliders and is more readable.

Not sure when I will get to it but thinking along those lines. Also probably will only do for the plus version of TM.

Clipbank only had 12 slots. I never felt like it was a good idea to define 72 script commands just for going to a media tab slot so thinking the above way will be better and extensible. TM also has the ability to load pak files with up to 72 videos or audio files. I am not sure how you keep track about what video is where with your videos :) Also, TM has always had the script to play the next or previous media items. It does not have to play the whole thing but you can use automatic or random modes for that if you wish. This is also script-able. When using play next or previous you don't have to worry if a slot has anything in it and automatic finds the next or previous item.

With that said though I think the command style script for TM will open up new possibilities for you.

Posted Sat 18 Mar 17 @ 5:45 am
I have implemented direct script access to media slots in TM 2.05 plus and is up for testing.

The syntax is:

deck master effect_string 'TellyMedia' 0 'mediaSlot 44'

where 44 can be any number 1 - 72. I am most likely going to extend this and also allow multiple commands at same time.

Posted Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 12:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)