Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Re: Filtered folders in b3638

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
8.2 b3638

Unable to nest filtered folders inside of Virtual folders.

It used to be that when you clicked on a Virtual folder, creating a new Filtered Folder would automatically nest inside the selected Virtual Folder. Now with b3638 the newly created filter jumps to the top of the file tree and resides under a new category entitled "FILTERS" I did not create the FILTERS listing. It showed up in b3638.

Is there a new way to nest filtered folders in conjunction with this new FILTERS list or is this a glitch.

Here is a video clip: https://youtu.be/bk5zwFqhPls

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 3:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes, new Filters now go into the Filters Folder by default.

You can drag any Filter Folder from the Filters and drag it under the Virtual Folder you need to nest it and release mouse when u see the red arrow-line

After doing that, you may need to change the Scope of the Filter Folder (to a Folder instead of Database)

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 3:30 am
Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 12:53 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am trying this method, but the line never turnn red. Also I click "folder"
but it reverts back to database.
Any updates on this?

Posted Fri 24 Mar 17 @ 2:26 pm
bogart wrote :
I am trying this method, but the line never turnn red. Also I click "folder"
but it reverts back to database.
Any updates on this?

I got it to work but I don't like it.

I'm not sure what the rational is behind the new filtered folders method. Having to drag the filter to the folder after creating the filter FOR a specific folder seems a step backwards an adds more work (Steps) to the process of creating filtered folders.

...and nesting multiple filters in a folder is now agonizingly tedious. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Try completing the filter parameters before trying to move the filter to the folder you want. That seems to be the key.

Posted Wed 29 Mar 17 @ 12:12 am
HI guys, just on the point of crating a NEW virtual folder, I could always create a new virtual folder anytime but now I can only create a sub folder i.e. it sits within an existing folder. Will create a new listing if you guys don't know, just thought you might from reading your posts.
Thanks

Posted Tue 04 Apr 17 @ 4:21 am
UPDATE!!! b3671.1291 restores the old method of allowing you to create Filtered folders directly in your Virtual Folders and Systems Folders like it used to be.

Posted Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 3:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)