Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: logUnsuccesssfulSearches is not working in build 3638 ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello. I have noticed that searchLog.txt does not log the unsuccessful searches anymore. On my backup machine wich has build 3573 searchlog works ok. I'm an administrator on both machines (main: windows10, backup: windows7). I have deleted the searchlog.txt than make a search that was unsuccessful and the file (searchlog.txt) has not been created. I've reopened Virtualdj and still no searchlog.txt created. The database file and settings.xml are working as expected.Thanks.

Posted Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 8:37 am
check your settings in config/option if log unsucessfull searches is set to YES ( I think default is no)

Posted Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 12:21 pm
Hi. 'logUnsuccessfulSearches' is set to 'Yes'. Thanks.

Posted Sun 12 Mar 17 @ 8:34 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Works fine here (Windows 10). Verify that the /Documents/VirtualDJ folder has read/write permissions.

Posted Sun 12 Mar 17 @ 10:50 pm
Hello. Yes it has.
I have found the 'problem': searchlog.txt is updated only if 'searchInContentUnlimited' is set to yes (beside logUnsuccessfulSearches). Is this the expected behavior?
Starting this month I have canceled the Content Unlimited Audio subscription and set to 'No' searching related to CU. Why would I want to search in CU if I don't have the subscription? It has never crossed my mind that the logging of the unsuccesful searches is conditionated to CU search. Thanks.

Posted Sun 12 Mar 17 @ 11:38 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Ah i see.. Ok, will be corrected.

Posted Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 12:27 am
Ok, thank you.

Posted Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 8:53 am
I can confirm that the issue has been resolved in build 3663. Thanks again.

Posted Tue 21 Mar 17 @ 3:34 pm
djnoaiPRO (legacy)Member since 2017
now it works again for all unsuccessful searches!

Posted Tue 21 Mar 17 @ 6:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)