Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Multiple Errors with Virtual DJ 7 and Numark MixDeck Quad

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello All,
I’m really hoping there is a user that can help me with the issues I am having.
Currently, I have a PC that is running Virtual DJ 7. My controller is the Numark MixDeck Quad.

ISSUE 1:
My first issue is that I cannot get the headphones to work. I am able to get sound out of the channels on my MixDeck Quad but I cannot cue anything. I’ve tried all of the different settings that I have seen on the various forums. Recently I had a user tell me to go to the VDJ “config” settings and select:

INPUT: None
OUTPUTS: Headphones Master Chan 1 & 2 / Headphones Chan 3&4
Sound Card: ASIO Driver / ASIO4ALL v2 / “Ultra Latency ASIO” box is checked.

I am unable to apply the above settings as I receive an error stating “Error in the ASIO Driver. Not enough channels.” To my knowledge, I do have an ASIO driver on my laptop. There is a folder in my Program Files that does have ASIO DLL files in it.

My current settings read:

ADVANCED CONFIG
Dropdowns….
Deck 1 Speakers (MIXDECK QUAD) / Output 1&2
Deck 2 Speakers (MIXDECK QUAD) / Output 3&4

These settings work but will not allow me to cue using the headphones.

NOW….

ISSUE 2:
While using the settings above, I am able to produce sound out of my channels WITHOUT headphones.

Then I noticed that if I turn the CUE MIX knob (found on the top of the MixDeck Quad) out of the “CUE” position (all the way to the left), the MixDeck Quad will freeze, then VDJ7 will freeze and the music will stop. Then I get a pop up that says “Virtual DJ has stopped working” and the program closes. At first I thought there was a short in my MixDeck Quad but I tried another DJ’s laptop with the same software and the “CUE MIX” knob on the MixDeck was fine and did not cause any issues.

I also noticed that if the “CUE MIX” knob is not to the far left (CUE position) when I initially open VDJ7, the “config” menu will automatically pop-up and I am not able to close it unless keep clicking “close” at least 20 times or more OR I close VDJ7 using the “Task Manager”… AFTER turning the “CUE MIX” knob on the MixDeck to “CUE” and restarting VDJ7.

So in summary, I pretty much have a VDJ7 and Numark MixDeck Quad that works without headphones AND, as long as I don’t touch the “CUE MIX” knob, VFJ7 will run smoothly.

These sound like software issues but I am not sure if the 2 problems are related.

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance.

Pete

Posted Thu 09 Mar 17 @ 4:55 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Fri 10 Mar 17 @ 9:13 am

Posted Fri 10 Mar 17 @ 5:14 pm
how do you upload you playlist

Posted Wed 29 Mar 17 @ 3:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)