Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: where is the pitch lock gone in v8? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

in vDJ7 there was a small lock button to lock the pitch controll of both decks to eachother

it seems gone on VDJ8 (used v8 for the first time in an event yesterday)

any ideas where it is?

Posted Fri 03 Mar 17 @ 8:05 am
map one of the custom buttons for it:

just click on the button and type pitch_lock in the action box and the menu will give you the action for it and that's about all it takes.

Posted Fri 03 Mar 17 @ 8:32 am
Just thought I'd add that I also use the 'pitch lock' function but I don't use the default skin, therefore I don't have any custom buttons. So what I've done is map a button on the keyboard to activate the pitch lock function. So in my case the button on the keyboard is 'A' and the Action is 'pitch_lock'.

Posted Fri 03 Mar 17 @ 10:41 am
thanks for the tip guys

leaves me wondering why on earth VDJ would want to remove such a useful feature from the default skin..... what are they thinking?

Posted Fri 03 Mar 17 @ 9:45 pm
that you could customize it even more than you already could to suit your own tastes. pretty smart thinking actually.

Posted Sat 04 Mar 17 @ 12:12 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Except that those who don't use VDJ have little idea that this feature exists.

Posted Sat 04 Mar 17 @ 2:18 pm
bagpuss wrote :

Except that those who don't use VDJ have little idea that this feature exists.

exactly....i wouldn't have known about this feature if i had not been using VDJ 7

Posted Sat 04 Mar 17 @ 7:51 pm
Matty1000 wrote :
thanks for the tip guys

leaves me wondering why on earth VDJ would want to remove such a useful feature from the default skin..... what are they thinking?

It's still in the default skin. Click the button next to the key detection to turn on the layer. I always have this layer turned on

Posted Sun 05 Mar 17 @ 8:38 am
Sorry - the above is key lock - not pitch lock

Posted Sun 05 Mar 17 @ 9:41 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
I think you are talking about the Keylock, this is the way you setup the Pitchlock ;-)

Posted Sun 05 Mar 17 @ 9:45 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
I would like to add a suggestion for this in the deck settings, because it is moving above the pitch range anyway ?

Posted Sun 05 Mar 17 @ 9:53 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If uou still have v7 installed on machine,.. you can press pitch lock on or off

Posted Sun 12 Mar 17 @ 11:50 pm
Hi!
How about this problem (see the video)?
It's related to pitch lock function.
Any suggestions / solutions?
Thanx.
https://youtu.be/kjzbfiwfvfE

Posted Mon 24 Apr 17 @ 6:03 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's not a problem, it's how it is supposed to work in v8.

Edit: I see you already posted it on Facebook and have already had input from the team :)

Posted Mon 24 Apr 17 @ 8:36 pm
If you want pitch lock to stay on, change resetpitchonload to no.

Posted Mon 24 Apr 17 @ 8:40 pm
Thanx, but I found the solution, and now it's working just like I need him to work :)

Posted Mon 24 Apr 17 @ 10:45 pm
by defaut, key is locked and "resetpitchonload" to no. but thanks anyway, now at least i know how to change thoses values. very useful topic ;-)

Posted Tue 10 Oct 17 @ 2:54 am
Guys if i got your problem right, it's so easy..go to options and to BMP MATCH click option NO.

Posted Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 11:49 pm
What happened to that keylock button pictured in the post above in 2018 & 2020 versions? The only way I can find to change is by mapping a button on the controller or under master tempo in the options. Although if I am just at my desk without a controller I miss that older + and - and padlock for the key settings. Is there a way to get that back in the newer versions?

Thanks

Posted Sun 19 Apr 20 @ 6:01 am
Keylock is Mater tempo - so it's the MT icon next to key
And the arrows next to key changes the key semitones up and down
And if you click the key icon it changes key to closest harmonically matching key to the opposite deck

Posted Sun 19 Apr 20 @ 7:24 am
91%