Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Adjust BPM Analysis Range?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Where can I edit the BPM Analysis Range so that my 140 BPM tracks aren't showing up as 70 BPM?

Posted Sun 26 Feb 17 @ 9:03 pm
CAM290 wrote :
Where can I edit the BPM Analysis Range so that my 140 BPM tracks aren't showing up as 70 BPM?

Removed...why...I dont know, this option saved us from having to manually double or Half the bpm...
another good option removed.

Posted Sun 26 Feb 17 @ 9:20 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
CAM290 wrote :

Removed...why...I dont know, this option saved us from having to manually double or Half the bpm...
another good option removed.

Wow.. your kidding? What in the world were they thinking?

Posted Sun 26 Feb 17 @ 9:21 pm
if you hit the buttons circled in this screen shot it will either half or double BPM for the track you have opened in BPM editor

Posted Sun 26 Feb 17 @ 11:40 pm
wickedmix wrote :
if you hit the buttons circled in this screen shot it will either half or double BPM for the track you have opened in BPM editor

That is what he doesnt want to have to do...

Posted Mon 27 Feb 17 @ 2:51 am
With V8 we gained some big things....but we also lost a few small things that made things easier. No ones gonna agree or they will say things change, but those small changes, like set the downbeat without stopping the track, those small things should be worked back in. Set bpm range should have never been removed.

Posted Mon 27 Feb 17 @ 2:55 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
... like set the downbeat without stopping the track, ...

You can map a button as .. set_firstbeat

Regarding issue brought by the original poster. I don't think that the BPM range would solve anything here. I am sure everyone has tracks of 70 BPM and some of them are true 70 and some are 140.
What you can do is to gather all tracks below 80/70/60 etc in some Filter Folder (or manually add those to a "NeedDoubleBPM" Virtual folder) and then select all the ones that you know that need double BPM, right-click open Tag Editor and right next to the BPM field, you will see a /2 (or a x2) button to apply this to all selected files (batch process)

Posted Mon 27 Feb 17 @ 3:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)