Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Script to load song to the other deck

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
I need help for a script. I have a song playing on one deck, I want to use a POI script to load a song (Hello Rain- Uncle T.mp3) from my library to the other deck. (using a 2 decks). For the new song is it the title or the filename that will be used?
I tried, "load "Hello Rain " in deck 2" but this gives a dialog whether to stop the current playing track.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 1:56 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
deck 2 load "full path to file.mp3"

Will load a file to deck 2, but it will always load to deck 2 which doesn't seem to be what you actually want?

If you want it to load on the opposite deck on a 2 deck setup, you could try something like:

action_deck 1 ? deck 2 load "full path to file.mp3" : deck 1 load "full path to file.mp3"

The full path to the file includes everything, so for example "c:\users\myuser\desktop\my file.mp3"

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 4:53 pm
I tried the 2 scripts on 2 Cues which forwards the same current playing song "Cold Water" to the deck 2. I cannot get the "specified path song" on deck 2.

I use this:Cue 1 ///// action_deck 1 ? deck 2 load “C:\Users\windex\Desktop\project\smile_on _me _ John.mp3” : deck 1 load “C:\Users\windex\Desktop\project\smile_on_me _ John.mp3”

Cue 2 ///// deck 2 load “C:\Users\windex\Desktop\project\smile_on_me _ John.mp3”

Notice whichever song is highlighted in the playlist browser that the song get loaded when these Cues are passed regardless of the "path"

When deck 2 is the current playing track I would want the "specified path song" to load on deck 1,hence the script will be different?

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 7:22 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Can't test it at the moment, but what I'd try next is to escape the slash.

So it be like:

... load “C:\\Users\\windex\\Desktop\\project\\smile_on _me _ John.mp3”

Posted Thu 23 Feb 17 @ 10:29 am
also you can do TEST by

copying the MP3 file to the root and test it that way first (this will avoid invalid paths, wrong filename etc...)
This will shorten your path to just C:\MYSONG.MP3

Posted Thu 23 Feb 17 @ 3:27 pm
PachN wrote :
Can't test it at the moment, but what I'd try next is to escape the slash.

So it be like:

... load “C:\\Users\\windex\\Desktop\\project\\smile_on _me _ John.mp3”

Na, the double back slash didn't do it.

Posted Thu 23 Feb 17 @ 4:52 pm
The Magic.DJ wrote :
also you can do TEST by

copying the MP3 file to the root and test it that way first (this will avoid invalid paths, wrong filename etc...)
This will shorten your path to just C:\MYSONG.MP3

Good idea but didn't do it.

Posted Thu 23 Feb 17 @ 5:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)