Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: No audio output on my laptop

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I use VDJ 8 on a mini tower 3 and 4 nights a week and I have a spare laptop with VDJ 8 also. I haven't used the spare for ages but last night I had a problem with the tower and decided to use the laptop, but I couldn't get any audio output. I have a Behringer X32 Producer and use the Xusb driver. As a backup I have an Audio DJ 8 but I couldn't get output on either.
So what happens is - the file plays in the deck ok, the wave shows across the top as if playing normally, however the LED meters next to the video screen don't register anything at all. What does that indicate?
Thanks.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 2:51 am
It sounds like the soundcard was not configured properly. However, what was the problem that you had with the desktop? Maybe it was related, as in your sound cards are dead, the USB cable is faulty. Maybe something is wrong with the laptop. Did you get the desktop to work today?

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 3:37 am
Nah, unrelated, I send video content to a splitter to go out to venue screens as well as my operating screen and occasionally when I first switch on, the computer confuses which is screen 1 and which is screen 2, quite frustrating. Luckily, after having no success with the laptop, I tried again and the screens were correctly configured and I breezed through, (just started a little late!). Naturally I had tried shutting down and restarting 2 or 3 times before resorting to the backup unit.
So, yes, you're right, it does seem like a driver malfunction. Funny that it happens with both the cards though. Config shows my various Profiles as if everything is ok.
I just noticed that my version on that computer is 8.0, so I might take the opportunity to update and see if that changes things. I don't access the internet on that computer, so it hasn't updated.
Thanks.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 4:05 am
There's no update patch is there - I just install from the full download. Uninstall first or just install?

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 4:23 am
It's up to you, you can just install. If you uninstall, make sure you say no to uninstalling the settings.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 4:28 am
Cool, thanks.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 4:37 am
Perfect, all going great now, thank you. I'll have to check it more frequently, ha ha.
BTW, it's an awesome program, works faultlessly and consistently for me. I have most of the functions assigned to keyboard shortcuts, brilliant.
On the subject of keyboard shortcuts, if I wanted it to operate remotely I assume I'm better off using a small keyboard than VDJ Remote App?

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 5:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)