Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: + and - pitch buttons don't work

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm using the Virtual DJ 8.0 version on Windows 10 with a Behringer BCD3000. When clicking the + and - pitch buttons, nothing happens on screen. They only light up, but the pitch doesn't change. I really need these buttons to work because the pitch slider of my Behringer is broken and these buttons need to replace the slider. Help!

Posted Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 3:30 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
One thread on a topic is enough, please don't make duplicate posts, it's known as crossposting and it annoys the people who may help you,
It's generally frowned upon on any forum

the buttons on their own activate pitch bend which momentarily changes the pitch but pitch reverts to what it was on button release, you want to use shift+button to change the pitch

Posted Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 3:39 pm
Yes I know and I'm sorry for that, but there wasn't a forum for my version (8.0). So just to be sure, I posted it on the forum of the 8.1 and 8.2 version. That's why :)

Posted Mon 20 Feb 17 @ 7:46 am
I tried to use the shift combination, but still nothing happens... And as you said: that without shift the pitch should change temporarily, that's also not the case at all..

Posted Mon 20 Feb 17 @ 7:55 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Show your mapping for said buttons

Posted Mon 20 Feb 17 @ 10:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
By "shift" , we mean the button on the controller mapped to toggle the shift action or a shift variable, and not the SHIFT on your keyboard.
On the BCD3000, the key named as EXT IN B is mapped as "shift", so to get the pitch fader up/down, you need to use the PITCH BEND buttons while the EXT IN B key is pressed.
If you want to control the pitch with those buttons, without having to hold the Shift button, you need to change the actions of the PITCH BEND buttons from ..
var $shift ? pitch -0.001 : pitch_bend -1% 500ms
var $shift ? pitch +0.001 : pitch_bend +1% 500ms

to..
pitch -0.001
pitch +0.001

You can also choose a different step for pitch, or you can use pitch +/-X 'absolute' or pitch +/-X bpm

Posted Mon 20 Feb 17 @ 12:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)