Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Background color /foreground text color?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can I force a background color /foreground text color on a plugin button?
If it's dependent on the skin can I force it without adhering to the skin?

Posted Mon 13 Feb 17 @ 1:35 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Mon 13 Feb 17 @ 7:23 am
Thanks for the link. Didn't realize there was a gui example. Problem is I tried to compile it but it's missing the .rc file and without that it gives me an error:

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'resource.h': No such file or directory
1> Main.cpp

Posted Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 11:33 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
In that example, you need to add the XML and PNG files as resources to your project.

This section here:

rcXML.id = IDR_SKINXML; // as defined in resource.h
rcPNG.id = IDR_SKINPNG; // as defined in resource.h
rcXML.type = "XML";
rcPNG.type = "PNG";

Tells you that in that example the XML and PNG were added and given IDs of IDR_SKINXML and IDR_SKINPNG, with types XML and PNG respectively. Obviously you can use whatever you like, just update the code accordingly :)

Posted Mon 20 Feb 17 @ 1:56 pm
I still can't piece it together. I think I'm going to start a new thread and relate it to this GUI and general MS Visual Studio C++ setup. Thanks maybe I can kill 2 birds with one stone.

Posted Sun 26 Feb 17 @ 2:34 am
nassausky wrote :
Thanks for the link. Didn't realize there was a gui example. Problem is I tried to compile it but it's missing the .rc file and without that it gives me an error:

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'resource.h': No such file or directory
1> Main.cpp

I know that the description of resource.h was simply a text box that said "xxx". However, I made a resource.h file, typed "xxx" and saved it, and it doesn't throw that error anymore. lol

Posted Sat 24 Feb 18 @ 9:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)