Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8.x question on parsing missing and relocated song tracks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Gang -

I am in the process of retooling my library. As such, tracks, while the3 same, will be be in different folders (mainly the history is my concern).

Does/will/could VDJ 'parse' the existing database and 'fix' the other lists like in the history folder and math them to the new locations?

Thanks!!!

Posted Fri 10 Feb 17 @ 4:26 pm
in short, NO. my hard drive crashed, I got a new computer, installed VirtualDJ 8 and have been told I can't get any of my music or playlists as they existed on the other computer.

Posted Fri 10 Feb 17 @ 6:07 pm
and I'm not a home user-- I own the pro version, but this forum still says "home user". Having said that, the customer service is, in a word, lacking.

Posted Fri 10 Feb 17 @ 6:08 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If you move your files with the VDJ browser will take care of your database.

I'm not sure for the history or playlists. But if VDJ does not correct the path by default you can try this one:
http://virtualdj.com/addons/13794/Playlist_Fixer.html

Maybe it'll work with V8 too. (It should I believe. Playlist format is still the same)

Posted Mon 13 Feb 17 @ 10:14 am
Thanks but its the history, I am looking to fix. And sadly... does not work.

Posted Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 8:31 pm
The description of the plugin says it is fixing history and virtual folders too.

But I believe it won't work with V8 because v8 uses another folder and file structure compared to v7.

That is why I wrote a PlaylistFixer v8 and uploaded it for review by Atomix.
Once it gets approved you'll find it in the download section.

It'll fix playlists and histroy files by searching for the file name in the database and correcting the path to the file in the playlist/ history files.
That means, it'll only work if the file name hasn't changed. If you did change the filename, there is nothing that could be done.

Posted Wed 15 Feb 17 @ 11:10 am
Thanks. Looking fwd to giving it a spin.

Posted Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 2:12 am

Posted Tue 21 Feb 17 @ 7:23 am
Thanks for the quick turnaround. Much appreciated. :)

Ran last nite. It dug through my older library from 2008 - current. Saw some error (missing files). Apparently, the older VDJ 6 & 7 made quirky files if encountered something other than ascii.

Reason I needed this was b/c I did a complete re-encode off my entire non subscription library and restructuring of both that and my monthlies.

Now had I only standardized & vs And :)

Posted Thu 23 Feb 17 @ 3:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)