Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Why isn't virtual DJ isn't closing properly?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DanCattPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hi all, I must admit to being at a complete loss as to why Virtual fails to close properly, which then forces me to open up the task manager and force the program to stop. Ok i hear you say this in the grand scheme of things is not that much of a deal, however when you do this Virtual disregards all the changes you have made to make for example the program run using a different controller...It makes opens the program where you were 3 or 4 weeks ago when the problem first started AGAIN. I don't think that I have ever posted in here before due to my partner being so active however this is really bugging me. Virtual is the only program I have running on my Laptop (windows 10) which is more than sufficent to run this program. The only time this doesn't happen is when she tells me to reinstall virtual and then it is fine for 2 days until something somewhere decides it doesn'y like something Please help as I am really at the end of my tether. I know there is probably another thread about this somewhere but it just took me 10 mins to work out how to write a thread in the first place.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 17 @ 11:56 pm
So you hit the x in the right corner to close, what happens? Any error messages, how much time passes before you do the task manager?

Posted Wed 08 Feb 17 @ 7:30 am
DanCattPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Thanks for the reply. Once I click the cross in the top corner virtual seems to close down ie: the screen goes back to the desktop etc. there are no error messages that come up at all. there are couple of examples here so bear with me.

1-At the end of a gig after 5 minutes i turn off my computer which happens fine. However the next time I open up Virtual on a different day, I am no longer presented with the last screen i was looking at (Which is normally the case). My sidelist and automix etc..are all full of stuff that happened weeks ago, and sound setting are for that time too. Nothing is as it was when I closed the program.

2-Should for whatever reason the computer stay running and I close virtual. Then after any length of time between 2 mins and and hour I try and re-open virtual nothing happens. no error messages nothing at all. this is because virtual is still running in the background as i have discovered by opening the task manager. The only way to reopen is to force virtual to close. however if you do this then as above it doesn't save anything or keep any setting you have changed or sidelists etc...

I know that it is not just my laptop that this is happening too, as we have 3 computers between 2 licences and they are all now doing the same thing.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 17 @ 12:12 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Which audio drivers are you using?
Some ASIO drivers appear to lock up while closing.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 17 @ 12:59 pm
I can answer this one being the aforementioned "partner" above ;)

For smaller gigs, we both use a Numark DJiO, and Dan uses a Numark N4 for everything else (ASIO drivers) - at home, when testing or setting up playlists, just the internal drivers. His laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 500.

DJTouchDan also mentioned that it may be something to do with the soundcard settings so I will double check that the latest drivers are installed - I did update them a few months ago when Dan changed laptops but will check again.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 17 @ 7:55 pm
UPDATE: All drivers were up-to-date but deleted and reinstalled DJiO anyway and VDJ still not closing down and having to force close via Task Manager. Decided to try something different and closed VDJ and then opened up a Text file and closed again. VDJ then opened as usual however, on closing, once again did not close and had to force close. I then ran VDJ as Administrator and all seemed to work fine - opened and closed half a dozen times without any need after that to force close via Task Manager. Will see if all is as it should be later today as have a gig this afternoon.

Posted Thu 09 Feb 17 @ 12:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)