Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Denon MC6000 MK2 line input not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all, I am a bit stressed out because I can not get any sound out of my speaker/recording or broadcasting from any of my line inputs. The problem is that the level-meter is lighting up on my controller, but no sound. Where do I start to search for this trouble..?

Posted Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 8:28 pm
This is how it looks with 2.22 asio drivers... still no function in line input.
I am suspecting my denon has some issues. latest bios update 1.03

Posted Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 9:54 pm

Posted Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 10:33 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
BTW, once you set the unit to the proper INPUT CH3/4 mode from the back and apply the Audio setup as shown in the manual, you will need to enable the LINE INs from the SCRATCH panel (recently added, so no need to assign any custom buttons as mentioned in the manual)

Last but not least, make sure you have installed the correct Denon DJ ASIO for controllers , from Denon website. Not sure on which version they are at the moment, but from the name i see in your Audio Setup, those doesnt seem to be the right ones (unless they changed the name of the drivers)

Posted Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 11:04 pm
Thanks for answer... yep I have read all of it and tried and tried...i think i must have used several days to just find out that it is not working.. at all...
The asio drivers that denon website are offering gives error in virtual dj, and are unusable. 2.22 version is working, but not with my case with line in. read some rhumors about other drivers, but have not found any to try. I remember flashing the mixer to 1.03 long time ago, and my thought now is to try to find an earlier version and reflash my mixer. Or maybe i will send an email to denon and ask if they can assist in any way. wish i had another mixer to test, and i am crazy enough to buy another if i get the money just to confirm that the hardware or software is defect... but i dont steal money, so i can wait forever for this... tired and will see if i can come up with anything more creative tomorrow.

update! wow i finally got some sound through line input 3, using wasapi mode. i will update when i have done some more testing here...

Posted Sat 28 Jan 17 @ 2:06 am
and when i woke up this morning my pc had crashed this night and line in is not working again... wtf is going on? Å JØJE MEG :p

Posted Sat 28 Jan 17 @ 2:08 pm
I have to find out why my pc keeps crashing while broadcasting... have a computer that have been up and running for over 5 years, with only 2-3 crashes over those years, but the same night i start broadcasting from virtual dj my computer crash. and now 3 times during 2 days. should I send in an error report to the staff?

Posted Sat 28 Jan 17 @ 3:50 pm
If it is your COMPUTER that crashes, try to catch the BSOD and take a picture of it.
On the bottom of the screen there's usually some info about what crashed the entire system.

I would suspect bad drivers or bad RAM

Posted Sat 28 Jan 17 @ 4:44 pm
Yes I will try to do that... probably have to set up a webcam to do that, because it only crash when I am not in my room. argh...... happened again one hour ago when i was in the shower...

Posted Sat 28 Jan 17 @ 6:11 pm
I witnessed one crash earlier today though... was outside for a while and when I came in, virtualDJ screen was frozen, but music and the mixer board was still working, so I had to close the application with task manager and restart virtual dj to get in control again. windows 7 64bit. I should find some testing software...

Posted Sat 28 Jan 17 @ 6:23 pm
if you go here and uncheck restart system next BSOD the machine will sit and wait for you to reboot so u can take your picture

this is from windows 10 but 7 has this as well in same place

Posted Sat 28 Jan 17 @ 6:24 pm
Update: think i have found what is going on here... I have 2 Radeon 6800 in crossfire, and one of the gfx-cards is having a bad fan that stops when it is running low, and the temperature was almost 80 degrees celcius :p Turned on manual fan control to 100% and now it is only 50 degrees... Really hope this is the case, new fan is already on the way in the post. :)

Posted Sat 28 Jan 17 @ 6:29 pm

thanks for your info wickedmix, :) atikmpag.sys is related to amd driver...

Posted Mon 30 Jan 17 @ 9:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)