Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: XDJ-RX audio outputs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rob_ktmPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hi,

I am currently trying to use my xdj-rx with vdj 8.2, i have owned the controller for 18 months now and it has sat in the corner of my room. This is because i still haven't found a way to play a set without problems with the mapping between xdj and vdj..
I can run the controller in MIDI mode, which works ok but i cannot make use of any of the mixers effects, or i can run the controller in internal mixer mode which works a treat but i can't configure the audio? either one side of my headphones is muted or the headphone mixer knob controls the volume through master out.. i would ideally like to figure out a way of running the controller in internal mode as this seems to work better, but at the end of the day if i can configure the audio correctly and use my effects on my mixer il make do.

I believe i am running xdj-rx firmware v2.1
virtual dj XDJ-RX mapper with 8.2

Many Thanks!

Posted Thu 26 Jan 17 @ 11:58 am
The XDJ-RX mapper is designed for XDJ-RX to be in "software mixer" mode.
This means that the onboard effects don't work and that you'll have to map them by yourself.

In "Hardware mixer" mode you need to modify the mapper for it to work correctly.
For starters put the following command on the beggining of the "ONINIT" key of your mapper:
fake_mixer on & fake_gain on & fake eq on & fake_master on & fake_hp on &

Posted Thu 26 Jan 17 @ 4:13 pm
I have recently purchased an RX and am using the Beta mapper. (I've updated the RX to the latest 2.20 firmware)

But I have successfully managed to use the RX in RX mixer mode (on the actual RX unit itself) and have all of the effect available.

In the audio config I have it set to "External Mixer", give it a go, its working for me.

Posted Mon 30 Jan 17 @ 2:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)