Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New G2V comes with V7?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just got a new G2V, and when I enter my license info it says that it is only for V7... seriously?

Is there anything I can do? I'm not paying $150 to "license the controller" on V8 and it really seems wrong to have software so out of date with the controller. I got this just for some fun, but I'd rather just return it if there's nothing simple I can do.

Posted Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 1:27 am
The G2V is at least three years old (Jan 2014 going by dates of video reviews). VDJ was released in May 2014.

You paid for the hardware. Why not the software?

If you just got it for fun, why does it matter that you don't have VDJ 8 if you have a free (limited) copy of VDJ 7?

Posted Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 10:56 am
Was there anything on the box that made you believe that VDJ 8 was included?

Posted Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 11:31 pm
I wouldn't be complaining ;)

I personally liked v7 better. Wish the Gemini GMX had come with 7 instead of 8.

Posted Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 4:44 pm
VDJ 8 is waaaaaaaaay better then 7, sure it did somethings a little easier but easier doesn't always make it better.

I could never go back to VDJ 7.......

Posted Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 5:10 pm
I personally thought that the v7 interface was less "toy like" than v8. v8 feels more bubbly if that makes sense. I don't plan on purchasing vdj anytime soon because I just use it for practicing, so skins are out of the question because I am an LE user.

EDIT: this is off topic anyways. To the OP, if I'm not mistaken the g4v is mapped to v8? Would it be possible to use the g4v mapping somehow?

Posted Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 5:36 pm
djeddie1216 wrote :
I just use it for practicing

Ah right, so you didn't use VDJ for any of the events you've already done (listed on your web site)?

You also don't plan on using it if someone books you (which seems to be your intention according to your site)?

What have you been using instead then?

Posted Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 5:59 pm
Yep correct. I've just gotten into proper mixing, and I use the Gemini GMX as a standalone player

Edit: I am aware of the EULA rules, and I intend to follow them. I also don't intend to pirate software. It is unprofessional. Once again though, this is off the topic the OP created.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 2:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)