Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Slideshow issue with BOTH videos and pictures

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When using the slideshow function on a folder that contains both pictures AND videos, I would like to display the pictures for only 4 seconds or so... but let the video clips play for their full duration. If I set the "Speed" knob to 4 seconds, the pictures will play for 4 seconds, but that means it also cuts the videos at 4 seconds. If I set the "Speed" knob to "Full", then the videos play their full duration, but the pictures stay visible for 20-30 seconds (I did not time it) before transitioning to the next image/video.

Is there a way to make the video clips in a slideshow play for their full duration while keeping the pictures in a quicker rotation than 20+ seconds each?

Thanks in advance!

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 3:31 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The only way I can think of is to have one folder for video and one for pictures and have a repeat_start script change the folders the slideshow uses changing the speed when you switch.

If that does it, cool but if not put your post in the video wishes thread.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 4:04 am
TellyMedia carousel (slideshow) feature plays the images to a set time, animated images and video are played fully.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 4:08 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I really should try TM, just so I know what it does, but video isn't part of what I do.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 4:22 am
Tellymedia does exactly what I needed. Thank you!

Posted Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 2:35 am
GPSMDPRO InfinityMember since 2012
What about mac users?

Posted Wed 01 Mar 17 @ 7:16 pm
GPSMD wrote :
What about mac users?

SOL! ;-)

Posted Wed 01 Mar 17 @ 10:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)