Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Script to cycle through views

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi

I'm wanting to achieve the following...

1 button to cycle through "mixer", "Video", "Scratch", "Master" & "Sampler" views on the main mixer section.

1 button to cycle through "Sidelist", "Sampler", "Automix", "Karaoke" and other shortcuts on the Side View panel.

Can someone help with the scripting for this, or point me to a tutorial or example script that points me in the right direction?

Cheers,
k

Posted Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 6:11 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
skin_panel 'audiomixer' on ? skin_panel 'videomixer' on : skin_panel 'videomixer' on ? skin_panel 'scratchmixer' on : skin_panel 'scratchmixer' on ? skin_panel 'mastermixer' on : skin_panel 'mastermixer' on ? skin_panel 'audiomixer' on : nothing

Sampler? what skin are you using?

sideview 'sidelist' ? sideview 'sampler' : sideview 'sampler' ? sideview 'automix' : sideview 'automix' ? sideview 'karaoke' : sideview 'karaoke' ? sideview 'sidelist' : sideview 'sidelist'

Posted Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 6:32 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
For Sideview, you can use
sideview -1 (select previous view)
sideview +1 (select next view)
these actions are simpler than the ones locodog wrote above and include the Shortcuts (clones) as well

For panels, you need to know the names of the panels or even better the name of the "group"
For the default skins. the name of the group for the center panels is "mixer" , so you can use ..
skin_panelgroup 'mixer' +1 (select next panel)
skin_panelgroup 'mixer' -1 (select previous panel)

Posted Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 7:14 am
Thanks...

I'm using the GianB 4 deck skin... Where do I find the Panel/Group names in the XLM?

Appreciated!

Posted Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 10:50 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
a bit different there, try this

cycle '@$center' 5

Posted Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 11:44 am
Rocking.

Cheers!

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 1:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)