Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: it will not let me record

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When i try and record my sets it says could not open file for writing please i have to send out sets to promoters and it's putting a hold on getting more gigs

Posted Wed 11 Jan 17 @ 11:04 pm
Just a stab in the dark but you might have the drive on your computer set to "read-only" so it cant save to the drive

Posted Wed 11 Jan 17 @ 11:15 pm
There is also a read only option inside the options of VDJ. I was only aware that this is for writing to the files of the tracks, like tags and such. But maybe puts VDJ in read only mode for anything. might be worth checking.

Posted Wed 11 Jan 17 @ 11:22 pm
hi , i know it's an old thread but i'm getting the same issue here, i can't seem to record anything , so how did you get to the " read only "settings ?? i don't seem to see that option in settings !!!!! thanks

Posted Fri 08 Sep 17 @ 5:28 am
Don't try to record on the root of your system drive. It's protected by the OS.
Try to record inside a folder instead. E.G. try to save your recording inside "Documents" folder

Posted Fri 08 Sep 17 @ 7:16 am
Thanks PhantomDJ, changing the location fixed it!

Posted Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 11:16 pm
Thanks Phantom, helped me out too.

Posted Sun 04 Mar 18 @ 10:25 pm
If your using Windows 10 I DO believe they have updated 1903 and your gonna need to disable your Ransomware Protection in your Windows Security. You may need to uninstall it. Reinstall it. Turn it off. Set your destination in Documents and also set your Sampler Pad up that doesn't work when it's closed either. You can't do much of anything. When your done setting Virtual DJ back up turn it back on. Not SURE if you are hijacked or not just make sure you block ports 1-65535 Incoming both TCP AND UDP. And port 8000.

Or just try turning it off and utilizing what you already have make sure your files work and reenable Ransomware.

CHEERS Stay SAFE out there,, and ENJOY the SHOW!

Posted Mon 29 Jul 19 @ 11:15 am
I'm using a Pioneer Rekordbox DDJ 1000, when I try to record a mix I get a message "not allowed to record track with DRM" would anyone happen know what that is and why?

Posted Sun 19 Apr 20 @ 4:44 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
google "DRM". That should explain it.

Posted Sun 19 Apr 20 @ 4:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)