Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Build 3568 unable to read controller mapping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SerinePRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hi there, I just updated to the new build and my software is unable to read my normal controller mapping, it just shows completely blank.

I have replaced the file with a backup and when I look at the file in the appropriate folder I can see the XML is not blank, but VDJ still can't read it.

Just prior to this happening I had tried using the new browser scroll trick from this thread which I changed without the controller connected, then connected it, it didn't work so I restarted VDJ, then update the software (and realised I needed to update to get it to work). When I came to look at the mapping, it was blank.

Any suggestions?

Posted Wed 11 Jan 17 @ 11:25 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Did you edit and save your XML with WordPad?

It could corrupt the encoding. Better use Notepad (or Notepad++) to edit the XML.

Posted Wed 11 Jan 17 @ 2:38 pm
No, I just used wordpad (default XML reader on my PC apparently) to show that the document isn't blank. I do all my editing in VDJ itself

Posted Wed 11 Jan 17 @ 2:49 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you share the xml?

Posted Wed 11 Jan 17 @ 3:01 pm
I just found a second version of the file while searching for the correct one to upload. It was in a different folder. I overwrote that and VDJ is now reading those settings fine, I only lost a minor change i made since the backup.

Not sure what caused it to be wiped and I don't think I could replicate it easy so please consider this closed.

Posted Wed 11 Jan 17 @ 6:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)