Forum: VirtualDJ 7 Technical Support (MAC Version)

Use this forum if you have questions or difficulty with VirtualDJ 7 on Mac.


NOTE: VirtualDJ 7 is not maintained anymore.
Topic: Corrupted VDJ local database
holgerhPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi,

since the guys in the German forum weren't able to help me they asked me to post it here.

My local VDJ database was corrupted. The proposed process by clicking on fix in the browser menu didn't help, the database remained corrupted. The strange thing was that my XML-Editor showed multiple Database Close Tags in the database followed my more data. By manually editing the database I was able to remove all corrupted data and get my system working again. Than I started to dig a bit deeper, because the phenomena of having data behind the Database Close Tag appeared again.

Here is what I did. First I created a "clean" database that both my XML-Editor and VDJ parsed fine. Here is a snippet of the content:


<Display Author="Prosumer & Murat Tepeli" Title="U & I" Genre="Minimal/House" Album="Panorama Bar 02 - Tama Sumo" Year="2009" Color="14932410" Cover="1" Tag="1" />
<Infos FirstSeen="1611271843" />
</Song>
<Song FilePath="F:/MP3/Domenico Petrosino/Boli - Single/01 Boli.m4a" FileSize="14917655">
<Display Author="Domenico Petrosino" Title="Boli" Genre="Techno" Album="Boli - Single" Year="2013" Color="13375573" Cover="1" Tag="1" />
<Infos FirstSeen="1701091218" />
</Song>


Than I manually corrupted the data:


<Display Author="Prosumer & Murat Tepeli" Title="U & I" Genre="Minimal/House" Album="Panorama Bar 02 - Tama Sumo" Year="2009" Color="14932410" Cover="1" Tag="1" />
<Infos FirstSeen="1611271843" />
</Song>
<ERROR Song FilePath="F:/MP3/Domenico Petrosino/Boli - Single/01 Boli.m4a" FileSize="14917655">
<Display Author="Domenico Petrosino" Title="Boli" Genre="Techno" Album="Boli - Single" Year="2013" Color="13375573" Cover="1" Tag="1" />
<Infos FirstSeen="1701091218" />
</ERROR Song>


As expected both my XML editor and VDJ showed that an error appeared when parsing the data. The VDJ recommendation is to go to the browser window and fix the database. That's what I did and closed VDJ again. Than I took another look into my Local Database. Here are my findings:

1. The entire song that had the corrupted data was deleted, which is fine. From a user perspective it would be great if a log file was created that I can look up and decide if I should reimport this song or just ignore it. But this would be the icing on the cake only.
2. The second finding is in line with my further determination of having content after the Database End Tag. VDJ added this tag some ten thousand lines below the place where I corrupted the data, but also several thousand lines BEFORE the the end of the database. Here is another snippet of the content:


<Display Color="16141106" Tag="2" />
<Infos FirstSeen="1602281825" />
</Song>
<FavoriteFolder Name="MP3" Order="9" FolderPath="F:/MP3" />
</VirtualDJ_Database>
="Moises Simons (Arr. Paul Ferguson)" Year="1999" Color="11579281" Cover="1" Tag="1" />
<Infos SongLength="7604352" FirstSeen="804221748" KeyTag="Em" />
<BPM Bpm="24051" Phase="7695" />
<FAME IsScanned="510" Volume="3134" Key="Am" />
<Automix FadeStart="90112" FadeEnd="7180288" RealStart="49152" RealEnd="7245824" />
</Song>


I doubt that this features works as intended. Maybe this problem is on my computer only, but it could also be a bug.

My configuration:

MacOS 10.11.6
External NTFS formatted hard drive and TUXERA NTFS to make it compatible with MacOS
VDJ 7.4.7 pro mac b508

Hope this helps.
Best,
Holger

Posted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 1:01 pm