Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ + Numark NV II crashes with beatlock after changing tracks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,
I am using the Virtual DJ (v8.2 b3523 - Macbook Pro) with my Numark NV II and I have a big problem concerning beatlock.
When I load tracks in deck 1 and deck 2 and enable beatlock everything works fine. When I change the tracks, beatlock stays enabled. Unfortunately the program crashes when both tracks are playing and I hit the Hot-Cue-button to stop a track.
The problem only occurs when I use the Numark NV II. Without the controller I cannot reproduce the crash.

The crash looks like both tracks have a very small loop switched on (which is not the case).

An easy solution for me would be, if beatlock would automatically be switched off when I load a new track. Is there a way to change that in the settings?

Posted Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 8:28 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Do you mean pitch_lock?
If so, how do you load your tracks?

If you load it with a button you could remap the button to something like this:
(Don't know it it works, I can't test it atm).

load_pulse & pitch_lock ? pitch_lock & load : load

Posted Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 10:33 am
I am not at home right now, but will try that mapping. Thank you.

It is called "BEATLOCK". The button is accessible when you change the panel view from "Mixer" to "Scratch". But I think it is the same as "Pitch Lock" in the settings because it locks the pitch faders of the respective deck.

I load the tracks with my Numark NV II. There is a knob that allows me to browse through tracks. When I push this knob it loads the track into the respective deck.

Posted Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 1:01 pm
And I would need a mapping that switches off beat lock at all decks. Would that be the case with the mapping you suggested?

Posted Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 1:02 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
deck 1 beatlock 0 & deck 2 beatlock 0 & deck 3 beatlock 0 deck 4 beatlock 0 & load

Posted Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 2:25 pm
First of all thank you very much.
I found out that beatlock is the right command in the mapping, but I didn't get it to work properly.

The old mapping for "LOAD" is: browser_window folders ? browser_window songs : holding ? unload : load

How would the new mapping look like?

Posted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 10:08 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
K!NG KVNG wrote :
First of all thank you very much.
I found out that beatlock is the right command in the mapping, but I didn't get it to work properly.

The old mapping for "LOAD" is: browser_window folders ? browser_window songs : holding ? unload : load

How would the new mapping look like?

browser_window folders ? browser_window songs : holding ? unload : deck 1 beatlock 0 & deck 2 beatlock 0 & deck 3 beatlock 0 deck 4 beatlock 0 & load

Posted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 10:13 am
Unfortunately this mapping is not working. Songs are loaded in deck 3 now, no matter which deck is activated. Beatlock is deactivated for all decks but deck 4.

------------------------------------
Ach ich sehe ja, dass du aus Deutschland bist. :) Danke für das Mapping. Ich habe es gerade ausprobiert, aber es funktioniert nicht so wie es soll.

Es gibt ja zwei solcher "Load"-Drehknöpfe. Bei beiden kann ich zwar wie gehabt durch die Songs browsen, wenn ich einen Song auswähle, wird er aber in Deck 3 geladen. Normalerweise hat er den Song in das für die jeweilige Seite aktive Deck geladen. Egal, welches Deck jetzt aktiv ist, er lädt immer nur in Deck 3. Die Beatlocks verschwinden alle bis auf Deck 4 Beatlock.

Hast du eine Idee woran das liegt?
------------------------------------

Posted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 3:39 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
a & is missing between deck 3 and deck 4 beatlock actions. Anyways, try this..
browser_window folders ? browser_window songs : holding ? unload : load & deck 1 beatlock off & deck 2 beatlock off & deck 3 beatlock off & deck 4 beatlock off

Posted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 4:33 pm
Thank youuuuu. This is working. I hope that prevents me from future crashes!

Posted Wed 11 Jan 17 @ 4:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)