Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: "Over Loop" Plugin Effect for VDJ 8?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just upgraded from VDJ 7 to VDJ 8.

In VDJ 7, there was an effect called "Over Loop" that I used quite regularly. I don't see that effect in VDJ 8. Does anyone know where I can get this for VDJ 8?

It is the coolest effect ever! When you activate it, it automatically creates and plays a small loop "under" the current track playing.

Posted Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 4:14 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You can get the same effect by cloning out to another deck and looping that clone [I have a pad page that I need to get finished that does this, just having problems with some of the other fx I've linked to it]
or if you're feeling brave take the overloop.dll and rename it and it will work with v8 but be warned it was blocked from v8 for a reason so test it to death [I've found that the beat grid fx and the overloop fx used together causes crashes]
but I do use it

Posted Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 4:31 am
locodog,

I thought about trying to achieve the same results using the method you just described, just never tried it. That Over Loop effect just worked so flawlessly quick for me in VDJ 7 so I thought I'd check in here first.

I'm gonna rename it and test it to death like you said. Since I know there are known issues with it in VDJ 8, I probably won't use it in conjunction with other effects. Just keep it simple. Thanks for replying!

Posted Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 5:43 am
Just the beatgrid fx as far as I've found.

Posted Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 6:33 am
I've just spent the last 3 maybe 4 hours doing a very hardcore high energy dance set and trying everything I could think of to make the Over Loop plugin crash. No such luck. I threw the beat grid at it as well as several other effects simultaneously. I tried really hard to make it crash but it just wouldn't. For the last 4 hours, it has been rock solid on my system.

Today has been a great day!!!

Posted Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 9:19 am
locodog,
As you see, you helped me with this issue when I upgraded from VDJ 7 to VDJ 8. Now I'm on VDJ 2020 and have the exact same issue again lol. I can't get VDJ 2020 to recognize my "over loop" plugin (which I renamed Crazy Loop). Worked flawlessly in VDJ 8. I am assuming it's because it's 32 bit and not 64 bit.

So of course my million dollar question now is.... is there a 64 bit version of the overloop.dll?

Posted Wed 02 Oct 19 @ 9:53 am
No, there really wasn't a v8 version for x86
Over loop is really just the same as the loop roll fx [loop roll only goes to 4 beats] instead of calling loop roll fx via the buttons or pads just call the fx on
effect_active "loop roll"
you've then get w/d on dial 1

with the right script you can have the fx "latch" to different beat lengths. [kind of cool having a standard loop and mashing loop roll fx]
And you can also "cheat" extra range out of it but halving bpm
If position plugins ever make it into the API [a lot is there already, just no GUIDs for them currently] I 'd make a latching loop roll with extended range [and loop 3/2 for the break beat]

Posted Wed 02 Oct 19 @ 10:19 am
locodog wrote :
No, there really wasn't a v8 version for x86
Over loop is really just the same as the loop roll fx [loop roll only goes to 4 beats] instead of calling loop roll fx via the buttons or pads just call the fx on
effect_active "loop roll"
you've then get w/d on dial 1

with the right script you can have the fx "latch" to different beat lengths. [kind of cool having a standard loop and mashing loop roll fx]
And you can also "cheat" extra range out of it but halving bpm
If position plugins ever make it into the API [a lot is there already, just no GUIDs for them currently] I 'd make a latching loop roll with extended range [and loop 3/2 for the break beat]

Awesome!!! Just tried all of this and it works perfectly! You always save me man! Lol... okay, just one more question for you though. Is it possible for me to make loop roll automatically default to 4 beats when activated? Right now it defaults to 1 beat and I have to keep changing it. Thanks so much for all your help!

Posted Wed 02 Oct 19 @ 10:51 am
the most invisible way is to add this to your keyboard ONSONGLOAD mapping
effect_slider 'loop roll" 2 100%

you could also script it but how depends on how you call fx, I've pm'd more info

Posted Wed 02 Oct 19 @ 11:38 am
Thanks again for all your help even in my PM!

effect_slider "loop roll" 2 100% & effect_active "loop roll" was just what the doctor ordered! :-)

Posted Wed 02 Oct 19 @ 9:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)