Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Loop Out Effect not working properly with Pioneer DDJ-SX2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just upgraded to the DDJ-SX2 from my Hercules RMX2. The loop out function always worked perfectly on the RMX2. You press it and the song does an echo effect and slowly lowers the volume.

On the DDJ-SX2, the volume never lowers. Is this something I can fix?

Any help, tips or advice I can get will be greatly appreciated as this is my most used effect when I'm djing and it's very important to me.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 17 @ 12:56 pm
Are you talking about using the loop or the echo? If a loop is triggered then the volume doesn't fade while it's activated. If the echo is triggered then the strength parameter determines how long it will continue once activated. If the strength is set to 'lock' then the volume won't fade.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 17 @ 2:01 pm
It's an effect called "LoopOut" but it's really an echo. Doing some more experimenting and I see it works fine with VDJ 7. Now that I own the DDJ-SX2, I am forced to use VDJ 8. It's not working correctly in VDJ 8. So it's not the controller. It's something with VDJ 8.

How do I find out if the strength is set to 'lock'?

And thank you for replying.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 17 @ 7:18 pm
Are you using the old LoopOut by macourteau from 2004 or the new Loop Out by SBDJ from 2014?

Hint: some old effects don't work in VDJ 8.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 17 @ 7:36 pm
Yes! I am using the old one. So there is a new one that works correctly in VDJ 8? I need that one ASAP! Lol!
Thanks so much. Do you know where I can get it? I'll start searching now on my own.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 17 @ 8:04 pm
you log in with your license if you have one and download it from here???

bugs me to see unlicensed users using what is obviously a pro controller then asking how to get stuff you have to pay for

if this is not the case ignore me

Posted Sun 08 Jan 17 @ 9:30 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Use one of the Echo pad FX then set up your stop or PLAY/PAUSE at off & setting 'rampStopTime' 0.45 & use/hit @ the same time

Posted Sun 08 Jan 17 @ 11:40 pm
AsTheDJ+
"Use one of the Echo pad FX then set up your stop or PLAY/PAUSE at off & setting 'rampStopTime' 0.45 & use/hit @ the same time "

Very interesting! I want to give this a try, but not sure how to do it. I've done a very small amount of midi mapping in the past, but nothing to brag about. Lol. If you would be so kind to explain this a little more specifically, I'd greatly appreciate it and thanks!

Posted Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 12:51 am
groovindj,
"Are you using the old LoopOut by macourteau from 2004 or the new Loop Out by SBDJ from 2014?"

I just downloaded the new Loop Out by SBDJ and it worked perfectly! Thank you so much!

Posted Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 2:50 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
dj vinceprince wrote :
AsTheDJ+
"Use one of the Echo pad FX then set up your stop or PLAY/PAUSE at off & setting 'rampStopTime' 0.45 & use/hit @ the same time "

Very interesting! I want to give this a try, but not sure how to do it. I've done a very small amount of midi mapping in the past, but nothing to brag about. Lol. If you would be so kind to explain this a little more specifically, I'd greatly appreciate it and thanks!

When I stop the music there is delay/stop or stop drag with a Echo FX to give me a Break Echo

Posted Tue 31 Jan 17 @ 9:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)