Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: RMX Jogwheel Problems.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just returned back to the UK from Australia and dug out my hercules RMX in the hope of using it tomorrow night (NYE) and I'm having all sorts of problems.

Using version 8 for the first time with the RMX and the jogwheels are doing different things... left is acting as a jogwheel and right is acting as a pitch bend?! I've downloaded the most recent drivers and a the 2.2 mapper pack and when using that pack the jogwheels aren't doing anything!!! Also there is a delay from releasing the jogwheel to the tune playing... from what I gather thats because it's not touch sensitive!? it used to work fine on an older version... is there anyway of minimising the delay or eradicating it totally?

Im sure the answer is sack of the antiquated RMX but it's not an option i have at this point in time!! I know its late in the day but if anyone can point me in the right direction it'd be much appreciated!?

Thanks in advance!!

Posted Fri 30 Dec 16 @ 9:37 pm
First of all you don't need a "mapper pack". Mapping for the RMX is built in.

Second, VDJ jog wheels have two modes - CD (nudge) and vinyl (scratch). If you want both to act as turntables for scratching then both need to be in vinyl mode.

Posted Fri 30 Dec 16 @ 10:09 pm
groovindj wrote :
First of all you don't need a "mapper pack". Mapping for the RMX is built in.

Second, VDJ jog wheels have two modes - CD (nudge) and vinyl (scratch). If you want both to act as turntables for scratching then both need to be in vinyl mode.

Ok... thanks... feel a little silly... but the problem still exists with the slight delay when using the jog wheels... is it possible to minimise this or totally get rid?! it feels totally alien using something i was so used to using without the delay!?

Posted Fri 30 Dec 16 @ 10:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)