Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: AMERICAN AUDIO 10MXR - FAILED TO CONNECT - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi. I am trying to connect my American Audio Mixer to VDJ. I have followed the instructions in the manual and all seems fine - Im able to select the card in the audio tab

However, when I then go to the Controller Tab, I always get a "Failed to Connect"

If I just use windows to test the sound (in playback devices, I am able to hear windows test sounds going through the controller/mixer and the speaker connected to it, so it seems its an issue with VDJ.

Any suggestions please
Thanks
Jason

Posted Fri 30 Dec 16 @ 8:39 pm
Make sure the mixer isn't used as the default audio by Windows. ASIO is (with a few exceptions) "single client", meaning that if Windows is using it, VDJ won't be able to.

By the way, you only need to post your question on the forum once.

Posted Fri 30 Dec 16 @ 8:47 pm
Hi, thnaks for your feedback..sorry about the multiple postings.

How do I ensure only VDJ is using the ASIO soundcard?

Thanks
Jason

Posted Fri 30 Dec 16 @ 8:51 pm
First sentence in my earlier post.

Posted Fri 30 Dec 16 @ 9:08 pm
So I've checked my audio properties and it appears Im not using the mixer by default? Its still failing to connect

Not sure if this helps, heres my soundcard setup in device manager

Posted Fri 30 Dec 16 @ 9:17 pm
Anyone ??

Posted Mon 02 Jan 17 @ 1:15 pm

Posted Mon 02 Jan 17 @ 1:49 pm
If your OS is detecting the MXR (which your pictures prove) then Virtual DJ should be able to see it and connect to it.

On the other hand, your OS is seeing the audio interface part of the MXR. Connection for mapping is the MIDI side of things.

If I were you, I'd use one of those MIDI signal monitoring tools (i.e. MIDI OX) to see if the MXR is sending data when the knobs, buttons etc. are being used.

Posted Mon 02 Jan 17 @ 2:21 pm
Thanks for your replies.

You say i should be connected to the "audio" part but not the midi part. Actually im not able to get any sound through my mixer and connected speaker via vdj. I do get sound though when I use the test button on windows playback sound setup.

Does the audio connection also depend on a midi connection?

Posted Mon 02 Jan 17 @ 8:30 pm
Wickedmix, will the usboblivion remove All of my usb connections or can i set it to just remove the mixer connection?

Posted Mon 02 Jan 17 @ 8:32 pm
Jbryant61 wrote :
You say i should be connected to the "audio" part but not the midi part

No, you should be connected to both. The problem seems to be that your computer is seeing the audio but not the MIDI.

Use a MIDI monitor as I suggested.

Posted Mon 02 Jan 17 @ 9:22 pm
OK. I have tried the USB Oblivion and the MIDI OX system.

Im still no further forward. To be honest, Im not sure what Im doing with the midi OX, but tried what I thought was the way - Options->Midi Devices-Selecting my mixer and pressing O.K, but then get the error message below.

If I also choose the midi mapper and press O.K I get the its already in use (Virtual DJ is closed)

Posted Mon 02 Jan 17 @ 9:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Some other application is using the 10MXR MIDI and VirtualDJ (or MIDIOX) cannot use that.
So check Windows Task Manager and see if another application may be running (even another VDJ instance) at the same time.

There could also be a faulty driver of another device on your computer (such as Logiteck products, Web Camera , bluetooth device/driver etc) that could conflict (use the same driver), so try to disconnect any other USB devices and/or disable camera, bluetooth etc and then try to open VirtualDJ again.

Posted Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 2:16 pm
Thanks, I will try when I get home.

I do swap my USB lead from my PC to my mixer with connecting up a USB turntable (Stanton T.92 USB is a direct-drive professional turntable with built-in USB connectivity.)

Even though when I connect my mixer to my PC the turntable is disconnected, I wonder if there are some USB persisting issues from connecting the turntable?

Thanks
Jason

Posted Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 4:42 pm
Hi. Although I'm very grateful for everyone's help, I am close to just abandonning VDJ as nothing I do seems to be working with my 10MXR mixer and just go back to just using my mixer with turntables. Its a shame as VDJ is pretty fantastic!

However last night I did have a small amount of success.
In VDJ I changed th audio config setting from ADJ ASIO (as per manual) to 10 MXR Audio device and I now get sound from VDJ through my mixer and I can use the cross fade on my mixer to swap between the decks in VDJ.

But, Im not able to see the crossfader move in VDJ and none of my other midi functions on my mixer are working. I also get unde rthe controller setting that its failed to connect. Any suggestions before I give up?

How can the cross fade on my mixer control the one on VDJ yet its failed to connect?

Thanks
Jason

Posted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 3:09 pm
As wrote above,
djdad wrote :
Some other application is using the 10MXR MIDI and VirtualDJ (or MIDIOX) cannot use that.
So check Windows Task Manager and see if another application may be running (even another VDJ instance) at the same time.

There could also be a faulty driver of another device on your computer (such as Logiteck products, Web Camera , bluetooth device/driver etc) that could conflict (use the same driver), so try to disconnect any other USB devices and/or disable camera, bluetooth etc and then try to open VirtualDJ again.

also try this one http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16601/FixNoMIDI.html

Posted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 5:35 pm
You need to bear in mind that you're using an external mixer setup.

In this config, the internal (on screen) mixer is not being used. As per your audio config, audio from each deck is being sent directly to your hardware mixer, not through the VDJ "virtual" one. In other words, you don't need the mixer on screen any more. You have a real one. You can use a skin that has no mixer graphics.

It doesn't matter that the mixer controls don't send MIDI to VDJ in this config, because you don't need to use the VDJ mixer.

If your MIDI was working, you might see the controls moving on the VDJ screen, but those are fake actions. The software mixer is doing nothing.

Posted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 5:43 pm
I would totally agree with u groovin, but apart from the mixer part , other MIDI buttons of the unit will not work unless he finds a way to make that unit properly detected as MIDI.
.. and not to mention the video mixing part ;)

Posted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 6:14 pm
That's true.

Posted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 6:19 pm

Posted Thu 05 Jan 17 @ 6:12 pm
95%