Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: sampler_rec (13 and above) issue.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

I'm having an issue when trying to assign my pads to record into the sampler. When I use sampler_rec (1-12) it works like it should, but if I use sampler_rec (13 and above) I get some issues. Recording to pad 13 records to pad 1, pad 14 record to pad 13, pad 15 records to pad 14... etc... Is there some sort of option I need to change? Thank you...

Posted Sat 24 Dec 16 @ 11:48 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Which controller do you use?

Posted Sun 25 Dec 16 @ 12:43 am
Adion wrote :
Which controller do you use?

Behringer CMD DC-1. It plays the samples fine using sampler_pad 1-16, but recording to the pads are not functioning correctly.

Posted Sun 25 Dec 16 @ 1:22 am
I rechecked my script and it seems like a bug in VDJ8.

Posted Sun 25 Dec 16 @ 10:10 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Did you try with a new sample bank as well?

Posted Mon 26 Dec 16 @ 3:16 pm
Adion wrote :
Did you try with a new sample bank as well?

Yes. Same thing.

Posted Tue 27 Dec 16 @ 1:18 am
I fixed it. You have to first record your sounds in each pad in order and then it works.

Posted Wed 28 Dec 16 @ 3:15 am
How do you do that if recording to the pads/slots is not functioning correctly?

Posted Wed 28 Dec 16 @ 11:30 am
groovindj wrote :
How do you do that if recording to the pads/slots is not functioning correctly?

What I did was delete all the samples in "Recordings Bank" and then one by one record a half a second silence to each pad using my midi deck. (pad 13, pad 14, pad 15, pad 16... then pad 9.. 10.. etc.. IN THIS ORDER...) then all the pads started functioning like it should. I just record with the pad I choose and it removes the last sample, but doesn't delete it from my hard drive. I think the sampler has a lot of issues that needs to be fixed. It's a mess... I can't delete samples completely so for now manual removal is the way to go.

Posted Sun 01 Jan 17 @ 11:10 am
Here's a better explanation for what's going on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egZOLWby288

The only solution for it is a workaround and not really fixing the problem. You would record to each pad in order from the first all the way to the last pad you have. It's a bit annoying because it's using hard drive space and at the moment you can't delete samples from the pads through a script. Hopefully Atomix can find a solution to the problem. I submitted a ticket.

Posted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 6:44 pm
I notice that the pad layout on the controller is not the same as the pad layout on screen.

On screen, pad 1 is top left. On your controller, pad 1 is bottom left.

So......on the controller mapping, is the physical pad 1 (bottom left) mapped as pad 1 - and so on?

It certainly doesn't seem right that VDJ is simply filling the next available slot rather than going where it's being told.

Another thing - VDJ seems to make up its own mind how many pads it displays in the browser. I just set up a new bank and got 7 pads in "one column" mode, 8 in "two column mode" and so on. I'd imagine that VDJ would only record to pad 16 when there was actually a pad 16 available (on screen).

Hmmm, I wonder if it might be better to have a fixed number of pads as part of a skin (i.e. the pad pages) rather than use the sampler in the browser? The sample numbers on the browser pads do tend to jump around too.

Posted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 8:20 pm
groovindj wrote :
I notice that the pad layout on the controller is not the same as the pad layout on screen.

On screen, pad 1 is top left. On your controller, pad 1 is bottom left.

So......on the controller mapping, is the physical pad 1 (bottom left) mapped as pad 1 - and so on?

Yes this is how the pads are setup on my unit. The numbers need to be reversed in order to work in order. (Pads 13, 14, 15, 16 need to be mapped to 1,2,3,4.)

groovindj wrote :
It certainly doesn't seem right that VDJ is simply filling the next available slot rather than going where it's being told.

Yup that's exactly what's going on.

groovindj wrote :
Another thing - VDJ seems to make up its own mind how many pads it displays in the browser. I just set up a new bank and got 7 pads in "one column" mode, 8 in "two column mode" and so on. I'd imagine that VDJ would only record to pad 16 when there was actually a pad 16 available (on screen).

Yes this happens.

groovindj wrote :
Hmmm, I wonder if it might be better to have a fixed number of pads as part of a skin (i.e. the pad pages) rather than use the sampler in the browser? The sample numbers on the browser pads do tend to jump around too.

Yea that might be able to work, but I wouldn't know how to make a skin lol

Posted Thu 05 Jan 17 @ 4:36 am
Another issue I'm running into... Virtual DJ seems to make random samples as loops instead of one-shots and I don't see an option to disable this either...

Posted Thu 05 Jan 17 @ 4:41 am
Any update on this?

Posted Fri 26 May 17 @ 8:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)