Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Certain videos in the folder I chose for slideshow not playing. Does video length matter? Any other?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a folder I use to display a slideshow at my club. It is mixed with .jpgs, mp4's and promotional stuff. Everything is formatted the same. But for some reason not all the videos play. Each one is cropped and saved the exact same way. Could it be the LENGTH of the videos?! Can't figure out why some play and others do not.

Posted Sun 11 Dec 16 @ 7:55 am
This is with VDJ 7?

When you say they don't play, can you give more detail? What exactly happens? Do they load? Sound but no picture? Do they play at all (remaining time reduces)?

Posted Sun 11 Dec 16 @ 9:55 am
"This is with VDJ 7?
When you say they don't play, can you give more detail? What exactly happens? Do they load? Sound but no picture? Do they play at all (remaining time reduces)?"

Sorry. It's VDJ8. Most of the videos in the slideshow folder play with no problem. As I said, they are all formatted exactly the same. But for some reasons VDJ just skips some of the videos altogether instead of playing them. Not a sound or picture issue, just completely skips certain videos. The only thing I can think of is that maybe those are too long? Can't see why that would matter though. Just can't think of any other reason VDJ wouldn't play certain videos in the slideshow, but plays others.

Thank you in advance for any insight you may have

Posted Mon 12 Dec 16 @ 4:54 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
What are the running times of your videos, they aren't feature length movies are they, lol!

Have you tried making one combined video and seen if that works, I normally never make a vid to use in slideshow of more than five minutes in v8 or previously in v7 versions.

Posted Mon 12 Dec 16 @ 10:48 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Do the skipped videos play when you load them to the deck?

Posted Mon 12 Dec 16 @ 1:35 pm
You don't mention the file types you are using, which are good to play and which format don't, you need to explain a lot better in the future for better responses.

My bad, sorry, I see it's jpg and mp4, can you link a good and bad file type so we can test.

Posted Mon 12 Dec 16 @ 11:24 pm
Would be great if original posters responded with an outcome to any problems they have posted, this helps other users that may be experiencing similar problems.

Posted Wed 14 Dec 16 @ 4:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)