Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Mac mini

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SledderPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Has anyone used a mac mini if so, have you encountered any issues and in particular playing video. I was looking at getting one as it's a cheaper option than buying a mac book pro. Thanks in advance

Posted Sat 10 Dec 16 @ 10:37 am
Hi Sledder

I have been using a mac mini for a couple of years now, firstly with a Denon 6000 and now with the mcx 8000.

Virtual runs perfectly and the problems that i have had have been caused by myself by playing around with the settings.

Posted Wed 14 Dec 16 @ 8:53 pm
SledderPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Thanks for that. How do you think the sound card in the denons compare with the numark dji02. I was thinking about the denon mc 4000 but wasn't sure whether to go with a controller with a sound card or without. I also have a dynacord mixer and quite pleased with the sound as I also sing and do karaoke, but got nothing to compare to. Cheers

Posted Fri 23 Dec 16 @ 4:57 pm
Sorry Sledder i can't give you a comparison between the djji02 and the denon, as i have not used one.
i can say that the sound quality will be better with a sound card than using the audio out from the mac mini.

Posted Fri 30 Dec 16 @ 9:56 am
scoobydo wrote :
Hi Sledder

I have been using a mac mini for a couple of years now, firstly with a Denon 6000 and now with the mcx 8000.

Virtual runs perfectly and the problems that i have had have been caused by myself by playing around with the settings.

Hi ! Can you please tell me what osx and what build you are using ? Thanks !

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 6:49 pm

Sierra with VDJ 8.2 build 3573.1278

Posted Thu 23 Feb 17 @ 8:28 pm
The Video-RAM in the Mac minis is not very big. If you play videos f.e. with 640x360 on an higher resolution (f.e. in Full HD), then there is the posibility, that you can see some blocks in the picture. That's the reason, why I don't use it as VJ. In all other cases, everything works fine.

Posted Fri 24 Feb 17 @ 12:31 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I use a Mac Mini (2014 version) in my office for local music editing and VDJ testing. I've never seen an issue with anything in VDJ, including video. (Also running Sierra.)

Perhaps mileage will vary from person to person, and quite possibly there will be a refreshed model this year.

Posted Fri 24 Feb 17 @ 5:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)