Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Controller Mapping syntax question, can't find answer in Wiki

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
VDJ 8.1 Pro on Windows. Using Behringer CMD-DC1 Controller. I've currently mapped a rotary knob for each deck to do an EQ increase/reduce of the low and mid frequencies, and it works perfectly. (deck 1 eq_low & deck 1 eq_mid ... [both matched in their amount of change up/down] etc).
I want to add the eq_high to the control, but not at the same rate of increase/decrease. Example, if the low and mid are reduced by 50%, then the high is reduced by 25% and it can carry that proportion through all adjustments up or down.
I've tried the 'param_multiply' verb but that's not working. What is the correct language to make proportional adjustments to a knob?
Thanks much!!!
:-)

Posted Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 5:05 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
deck 1 eq_low & deck 1 eq_mid & param_multiply 0.5 & param_add 0.25 & deck 1 eq_high

multiplies the calling slider by 0.5, but then to have eq high centred when the dial is centred add 0.25
maths for other scales to be centred

(constant 1 - scaling factor ) / 2 = correction

multiply by your scale, and add the correction.

*added to Script Database

hang about, is it a dial or encoder?

Posted Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 5:38 pm
mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Thanks! That got me pointed in the right direction ... and solved.
The controller isn't native so there's some finessing to do with it. It's 2 knobs (in a row of 4 knobs) so the "action deck ?" syntax must be used.
It used to look like this:
action_deck 1 ? deck 1 pitch : action_deck 2 ? deck 1 eq_low & eq_mid : action_deck 3 ? deck 2 eq_low & eq_mid : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 pitch

Now looks like this:
action_deck 1 ? deck 1 pitch : action_deck 2 ? deck 1 eq_low & eq_mid & param_multiply 0.0170 & deck 1 eq_high : action_deck 3 ? deck 2 eq_low & eq_mid & param_multiply 0.0170 & deck 2 eq_high : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 pitch

This formula causes it to make a proportionally smaller change to the high than it does to the low and mid; just what I needed.
Thanks again!! :-)

Posted Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 9:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)