Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: help with recording

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I have a convention coming up, I'll need to record the keynote speaker. I'm using VDJ 8 with DDJ-SB2 controller and iMac with OX Sierra, everything is amp built in, speakers are powered. Can you please walk me through step for step on how to record with my mic through VDJ 8 and DDJ-SB2 controller.

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 1:54 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
djdad wrote :
the DDJ-SB2... the Microphone input is a Hardware one, meaning that its routed directly to the Master Output (not part of the Input Channels of the sound card), so it cant be recorded within VirtualDJ.
You will need to split the Master Output and route one part to your amplifier (speakers) and the other one to some Line Input and either user a record line in the audio setup or a 3rd party application such as Audacity to record your mix.

Or get another analogue mixer with 2 stereo outs [master and record/booth] feed your SB out to a mixer channel, the master will feed your active speakers the booth/record feeds back into your mac as a recording loop back into vdj, maybe your actives have a spare daisy chain out to loop back to your mac.

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 2:59 am
Thank you for your response. what do you mean by some line input? I was able to record briefly one day but was so tired from all the configs I forgot the sequence.

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 3:08 am
With the mic...? are you sure?
Line input anything that records a line level be it another machine, your phone if it will record a line in, some sort D/A recorder, or loop back in to vdj as a recording loop back.

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 3:15 am
ok. I'll let you know how it turns out. will buy a mixer. Thank you. And yes, I'm sure about the record... I remember knowing that I would have to do some adjusting to it for it to come out clear.

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 4:22 am
So, what I end up doing (after configuring VDJ for record), I downloaded a voice recorder and a simple audio/mp3 burner.... Mission was accomplished

Posted Mon 14 Nov 16 @ 12:25 am
Job done, cool.

Posted Mon 14 Nov 16 @ 12:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)