Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtualdj 8 help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

noah8897ControlleristMember since 2014
Can you guys please help me how to get rid of all question marks on my virtualdj 8?

Posted Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 4:38 am
g5p4m7Home userMember since 2014
Hey! What are they doing? The documentation is NOT FULL, and making us stupid!
I can't customize the app "at home", and now I can't do this with internet!
The search is limited, and has no filter! The forum collected trash topics, and all good answers can't be find with search!
And now, Let it post.
—[1.0]— «1/0»
Please, specify all "settings switches" in options, and we will know right "value" for certain "settting" hotkey:
fxProcessing: (0) Post-Fader, (1) Pre-Fader; (Why 1/2?)
coverDownload: (0) no, (1) exact, (2) always; (Why 1, 2, 3 ?)
coverFlow: (0) no, (1) smart, (2) 2d, (3) 3d; (Why from 1 to 4?)
equalizerMode: (0) Full Kill, (1) Default; (Why 1/2?)
and etc.
Another boolean switches is 0 and 1. We expect all setting values is from zero, but it is wrong, and we have to close options, save mapping, press button, and open options again to check.
If you'll not change from 1/2 to 0/1, Please, specify right digits in options page, and DO NOT MISLEAD US!
—[1.1]— «tracklist.txt»
You don't offer any available syntax [except: %artist and %titleremix] in settings hints.
The Skin's .xml file doesn't contain it, and I don't know, how to get it! Please, COMPLETE the MANUAL!
You may offer them in context menu (NOT only "Paste" option)
—[1.2]— «syntax»
Wishes for tracklisting.txt:
× %LeftPosition — The track position, when it sounds (mixed) | ex. %filename: -03:41;
× %UnloadTime, (instead of "started to play") if it has marked as "played" | ex. 23:51 %title;
× %replace("%filename","Track%??.wma",) — replace Track10.wma with empty;
× %IF(%artist,%artist – %title,%IF(%title,%filename,)) — If the track has no tags, replace %artist – %title field with %folder\%filename
—[2.0]— «holding ? / up ? / down ?»
VDJScript pages are telling: the function is triggered when the button is released rather than pressed
How to do the same in 8?
but if you are trying to play a hot cue on the beat, this delay may result in your mix being slightly out of time.
But it plays when the key is NOT RELEASED!
Please, rewrite VDJPedia pages (including wiki/Activate%20a%20different%20function%20if%20the%20button%20is%20held%20down%20for%20a%20given%20amount%20of%20time.html), and explain it in User Manual.
I don't want to set variables here.
—[2.1]— «popup»
Add mapping for THE ANSWER for the security ask dialog, or Tag / BPM editor, etc.: dialog 0 (cancel, close), dialog 1 (yes/ok) for VDJ7!
—[2.2]— «history»
How can I jump To HISTORY (Tracklisting) by simple way?
browser_gotofolder "目录和建议\历史记录"
browser_gotofolder "Λίστες & Συμβουλές\Ιστορικό"
seriously? This hotkey mapping is not universal (because this folders can be moved from "Lists" to "root"), and cannot be called in vdj7.↑!
Bring to work my samples collection and mapping, and I'm guaranteed get all mapped operations. It would better to call the browser folder when it is invisible. Optionally, collapse other folders with another macro. But on Windows I used to load files from «Everything» by David Carpenter (voidtools).
—[2.3]— «bugreport»
Browser Folders SORT ORDER bug.
Move "Local Music" to the bottom (or below 'History' | 'Playlists'), and select 'History' or 'Playlists' in ROOT, then restart app. It expands Local Music\‹...›\History | Playlists (possible sort reset)
—[4.0]— «inputsysex»
The virtualdj7 has <inputsysex ??? />. What is this and how to feed it?
Please, complete the Controller Definition for VDJ7 wikipage.
—[4.1]— «bit 6»
The encoder direction is defined by this bit (MIDI: Bn pp vv):
0Ø0××××× → speed. (more speed = more value, doesn't matter if you rotate clockwise or counterclockwise)
↓ \_.→ Ø — Direction (0=clockwise, 1=ccw)
MIDI message type [0=data/value]
clockwise
BF 10 01 — slowest
BF 10 0C / BF 10 12 — fastest
counterclockwise:
BF 10 41 — slowest
BF 10 4C / BF 10 52 — fastest
Would it be implemented? If you doubt, call focusrite.
P.S. Is it <jog ... /> or <encoder ... />?
P.P.S. If you fix <inputsysex>, you can implement this encoder type to VDJ7 too!
—[0]— «unused»
How to decrypt CONTROLLERS.DAT or unpack in-built Definitions (not mappings, in "\Devices\" folder)?
I want to remove all unused resources from executable (languages, controllers (mappings, definitions and png's), in-built xml files for samples and etc)?...

Posted Mon 13 Nov 17 @ 1:18 pm
Your post doesn't make much sense.

Please use proper language and ask proper questions in order to get answers.

Your current post is quite too anarchy to start answering, and some of your questions are completely invalid.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 17 @ 2:39 pm
g5p4m7Home userMember since 2014
The forum doesn't make much sense.
Posted unformatted message, and edit is unavailable.
I can' read my post too.
It is not my problems.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 17 @ 2:50 pm
The manual is a user manual. As in: "What happens when you click this button"
It looks like you want a developer manual - like if you were supposed to program the next version of it, or want to manually edit the settings files and so on
That is mostly internal info, not meant for the public

For instance things like this is probably against the law to do unless you are a Atomix employee:
user8964957 wrote :

How to decrypt CONTROLLERS.DAT or unpack in-built Definitions (not mappings, in "\Devices\" folder)?
I want to remove all unused resources from executable (languages, controllers (mappings, definitions and png's), in-built xml files for samples and etc)?...

Remember that this is not an open source program. You are not supposed to open up any executeable file

Posted Mon 13 Nov 17 @ 4:28 pm
I normally keep shut up but when reading such totally nonsense post from the ”user” or hacker(?) it is simply too much to handle.
Please go and hide yourself in the cave you came from!

Posted Mon 13 Nov 17 @ 7:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)